Shop build!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fling em View Post
    I had 2 quote's to build a 40 X 60, all wood for around $36k. I should be able to finish mine with a 40 X 78(40X18 more slab) slab, all metal for around $26k or less.
    I'm doing everything myself, except the concrete.
    was that with you framing the wood?

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
      was that with you framing the wood?
      The quotes for building the whole think with wood were turn key.

On the slab I had done, that was turn key too. The only thing I did was buy and spread the dirt for the pad.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
        That's more than likely the route I'll go. Lots of failed drill pipe around these parts for sale cheap on Craigslist list right now. I can do all the dirt work and maybe even pre form the foundation. But will need some finishers for the concrete.
        I didn't touch the concrete part of the job. I know nothing about concrete so I kept my hands off of it!

Comment

Originally posted by Fling em View Post
          The quotes for building the whole think with wood were turn key.

On the slab I had done, that was turn key too. The only thing I did was buy and spread the dirt for the pad.
          Thanks.. Just trying to get a sense of cost. Im leaning towards wood because I want to put up siding to match my house.

Comment

Looking good, I would love a set up like this.

Comment

Originally posted by agwrangler2001 View Post
              Looking good, I would love a set up like this.
              x2

Comment

Finally have some time off so now I'm going to start working on building my trusses.

I built this lift so I can tack the trusses up on the ground, then lift them up to finish welding them out. It will be used for other things as well but this was a priority before I start the trusses.

When I don't need the lift, I simply pull it up and put it somewhere out of the way.
                Attached Files

Comment

Dang fine tractor also. Good color

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
                    Dang fine tractor also. Good color
                    I love my Kubota! They make a top notch piece of equipment!

Comment

1 truss done and 1 tacked up. Should finish welding the 2nd one in the morning and start on #3.

At close to 700#, these things are a lot to handle!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Looks good!

Is there a story behind your "Air Flow" indicator on your Port-a-cool???

Comment

Heavy duty looking good

Comment

Originally posted by ckat View Post
                            Looks good!

Is there a story behind your "Air Flow" indicator on your Port-a-cool???
                            I'm sure it had to do with stupid people that the previous owner dealt with!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
                              Heavy duty looking good
                              Yes sir, they are extremely heavy duty! Almost 700# of heavy duty each!

Comment

Ok, after getting started on my trusses in July and getting most of them done in August, Hurricane Harvey came along and interrupted the process a little bit. We left at the end of Harvey, on Sept. 1 and headed to Idaho to do some elk hunting. The trip to Idaho was via Colorado for a couple days to see some family, Wyoming for a couple days to see some Jackson Hole and Yellowstone and then on to Idaho.

After returning from the 2 week Elk hunting trip, it was back to work for a couple weeks of shutdown fun. The end of the shutdown was right at the beginning of deer season so this delayed the restart of my shop build from mid August until Mid January!

All that BS just to say that I'm getting rolling on my shop again!

I got all of my trusses completely finished now, I've saddled the tops of my uprights to sit the trusses in, I've got a lift truck and some help on the way this weekend and I am fired up to get back on this project.

I will try to post some "as we go" pictures along the way.

Click image for larger version

Name:	shop19.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	24531591

Name:	shop20.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	24531592

Name:	shop22.jpg