Seriously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brandonsbird02 View Post
    Check out Allen's schools ratings. Some of the best in the country. Also u should see the high school. They have a full functioning restaurant that is fully ran by the students. They have a news station that the equipment is the same as the the big news stations. There theater is better than most cities. They are opening a STEM center in a few yrs which will be next to a new location of the community college that offers numerous duel credit courses that a ton of students are in. Also located within the stadium is a state of the art gym, the wrestling area along with an indoor hitting area for the golf team.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    I get all that. My question is why does Allen only have one high school? Other large ISD's in the State (like Katy, mentioned in this thread) have half a dozen or more high schools.

Seems Allen should be good at just about everything being like 3X's the size of an average 6A high school.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
      I get all that. My question is why does Allen only have one high school? Other large ISD's in the State (like Katy, mentioned in this thread) have half a dozen or more high schools.

Seems Allen should be good at just about everything being like 3X's the size of an average 6A high school.
      I dont know but it seems to work just fine. Also with the high school it's only 10-12 that is there. They have a separate freshman center that they actually just rebuilt. Also I dont think the population would justify more than one. Maybe 2 but then they would both be small.

Last edited by brandonsbird02; 09-19-2018, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jlp04c View Post
        Football is the ONLY thing in the school that is profitable.. Think of the losses they take on all the other school sports (traveling, uniforms etc).... It's a non for profit until they stack 20k people in at $10 (+) bucks a pop on a Friday night. Nothing else in school districts do pay the bills like a football team.

Of course, i'm not actually sure how funds, tax dollars etc are allocated, but the above makes sense in my head haha.
        10 games a years x 20,000 tickets x $10= $2 million / year.

That means that $60 million stadium doesn’t break even for 30 years on football revenue. 15 years if they have a Friday and Saturday game.

Comment

Wow! Unbelievable

Comment

Check out Allen's schools ratings. Some of the best in the country. Also u should see the high school. They have a full functioning restaurant that is fully ran by the students. They have a news station that the equipment is the same as the the big news stations. There theater is better than most cities. They are opening a STEM center in a few yrs which will be next to a new location of the community college that offers numerous duel credit courses that a ton of students are in. Also located within the stadium is a state of the art gym, the wrestling area along with an indoor hitting area for the golf team.

Some might ask...Imagine how much they could lower taxes and improve the education across the board if they did away with half of that ancillary nonsense....and concentrated on education.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
              10 games a years x 20,000 tickets x $10= $2 million / year.

That means that $60 million stadium doesn’t break even for 30 years on football revenue. 15 years if they have a Friday and Saturday game.
              It's not only allen that plays in that stadium. They host alot of other games as well. They also host other events there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                Some might ask...Imagine how much they could lower taxes and improve the education across the board if they did away with half of that ancillary nonsense....and concentrated on education.

Just imagine if vocational classes were put back in school and some could learn a little about real world application of using your hands and brains.

Comment

They do ask and I'm not sure for how many yrs now but Allen continues to lower taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                    Just imagine if vocational classes were put back in school and some could learn a little about real world application of using your hands and brains.
                    I had heard some of those classes are being put back in.

The only reason i know alittle bit bout things is I work for the city. It's a great city to not only work but would be to live in as well. When my wife gets out of school we are looking to move to Allen just for the school system.

Comment

And more sensible folks might realize that running a restaurant is the best foodservice and retail education you can get, and that hands-on journalism training using real equipment is the best journalism education you can get, and a set up offering dual college credit is the best education you can get and gets those educated kids into the workforce quicker and more prepared.

Or you could go with the cookie cutter schools that turned out tons of millenial kids that can (mostly) to plain old math and english and can’t seem to get a job and move out of their parents’ basements. They sure know a lot about football though...

Comment

It's not only allen that plays in that stadium. They host alot of other games as well. They also host other events there as well.

I didn’t say that wasn’t the case, I was simply responding to the quote “Football is the ONLY thing in the school that is profitable.. ”

Comment

We didn't even have AC in school and my generation is a helluva lot smart than kids today.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
                            Schools of course but the point of my statement wasn't about building or not building schools it was to point out that just because a bond passes doesn't necessarily mean that the residents were "ok" with it.
                            I get it, but you are also inferring that the district should just stop going for it, thus no room for all the new students coming in to said district.
                            Last edited by bigbad243; 09-19-2018, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                              You do understand that ONLY the voters can decide to build that stadium, right?
                              ^^^ THIS. Honestly amazed at the lack of info/knowledge in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
                                And more sensible folks might realize that running a restaurant is the best foodservice and retail education you can get, and that hands-on journalism training using real equipment is the best journalism education you can get, and a set up offering dual college credit is the best education you can get and gets those educated kids into the workforce quicker and more prepared.

Or you could go with the cookie cutter schools that turned out tons of millenial kids that can (mostly) to plain old math and english and can’t seem to get a job and move out of their parents’ basements. They sure know a lot about football though...

Good slaves though.

Comment

Working...
                                X