Black Eagle Spartan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Eagle Spartan

Just saw the new Spartan shafts on the Black Eagle website.

Black Eagle Spartan

I'm intrigued. Looks like its between a X and H shaft size, meaning no HIT needed, and its SS insert (10gr) accepts brass stackable weights (30 or 75gr). The 300 spine is 9 gpi. Be interesting to see how these do on the market and hunting. That I'm away of it will be the smallest diameter you can get an all internal insert in.

Anyone tried them?

Black Eagle Spartan

Just finished my second customer build with them. The smaller diameter and slightly heavier GPI over the Proven Carnivore make it a durable shaft. These 300's finished at 475 with 17.5% FOC for fellow TBH'r KevinG. Gonna be a big seller!

Comment

These 250's are for TBH'r GMAC and finished at 545 with 17.6% FOC. Love their custom components especially the nock collars!

Comment

How did I know muddy would be the first poster? Lol. Muddy have you used the insert weights yet? Looks pretty modular. This seems like a happy medium between HIT and HP type inserts. So in theory should provide most of the advantages of HIT (broadhead shank to shaft alignment) while still providing some re-inforcement of the point end of the shaft.

Comment

Those carnivore's look good Muddy

Comment

Originally posted by Loneaggie View Post
            How did I know muddy would be the first poster? Lol. Muddy have you used the insert weights yet? Looks pretty modular. This seems like a happy medium between HIT and HP type inserts. So in theory should provide most of the advantages of HIT (broadhead shank to shaft alignment) while still providing some re-inforcement of the point end of the shaft.

Yes, both of the builds utilized the new weight system. When the weights are installed into the inserts they produce a nice-concentric system, not a sloppy fit. I like them so much I can say without a doubt if I wasn't already shooting Deep Impacts I would be shooting Spartans.

Comment

Can the wights be adjusted post install or do you epoxy in place with inserts?

Comment

Those look great Muddy!! Can't wait to shoot them!

Comment

Going to be a long week waiting to shoot em!

Comment

I really like the looks of those minus the SS nock insert. Not to keen on dragging around an extra 10gr in the tail. Good looking build Muddy!

Comment

I was just looking at these on their website and I found this post. Haha.

Is there a lighted nock that will fit these?

Comment

The nocks collars use a "r" nock for the collar, I haven't checked but I'm sure something would work.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                          The nocks collars use a "r" nock for the collar, I haven't checked but I'm sure something would work.

R is what fits the Rampage which is a .204 shaft... same as an X nock I think. So X sized lit nocks should work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by mab0852 View Post
                            I really like the looks of those minus the SS nock insert. Not to keen on dragging around an extra 10gr in the tail. Good looking build Muddy!

I like the collar but it is heavy. Most nock bushings are Aluminum and half the weight. On the other side with the carbon covered on both ends by SS... they should be incredibly durable.

Comment

Any chance we could get a pic of one next to an X shaft for comparison? These have piqued my interest quite a bit. I never got around to shooting Black Eagle's, but I had a lot of issues with several other manufacturers in H and X shaft outsert designs.

Definitely a tough looking insert!

Comment

Working...
                              X