No announcement yet.

Cutco knifes any thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had my cutco serrated knife for about 18 yrs. sent them in for resharpening twice. It has been a great knife.

Comment

Love mine

Comment

If you don't like sharpening get a Havalon or Outdoor edge replaceable blade knife.

Comment

I have 1 kitchen sets and they are great. Also have the hunting and fishing knife too. hunting knife is great, been using it for 20+ years, I do need to send it in to get sharpen.

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
            If you don't like sharpening get a Havalon or Outdoor edge replaceable blade knife.
            I have a box cutter, I am kinda looking for a knife to slice through tough chest plates, and large size stuff

Comment

My step-son sold them for a year, think of them like a vortex scope. they will and DO replace any damaged knife, the wife and I have them and have for like 6 years now, and I am rough on them, and zero issues...

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                I have a box cutter, I am kinda looking for a knife to slice through tough chest plates, and large size stuff

That double d serrated blade will do it!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Good knives (I've used a bunch) BUT nothing super special about them and WAY overpriced for a rubber handled knife.. But as long as people keep buying them the price will remain..
                  They seem to be the latest trend(last 8 or so years)in south Texas..

Disclaimer-I never paid for any that I used... The ranch bought them..

Comment

My wife loves her set awesome knives.

Comment

I have some that are literally 60+ years old. Handed down from my Mom. I’d say we got our money’s worth out of them .....

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                        Good knives (I've used a bunch) BUT nothing super special about them and WAY overpriced for a rubber handled knife.. But as long as people keep buying them the price will remain..
                        They seem to be the latest trend(last 8 or so years)in south Texas..

Disclaimer-I never paid for any that I used... The ranch bought them..
                        Yea we have a kitchen set we got as a gift but would never spend that out of my pocket for what you get. Steel is sub par and doesn’t hold up long with lots of use. My wife is one who cooks 3 meals a day most days so they get run through pretty good. Several blades with chips and get dull pretty quick. The serrated last a little longer but only cause they’re serrated. Could see it being a half decent hunting knife but for the money I’d have a knife builder here in TBH make one that would hold an edge better

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                          Yea we have a kitchen set we got as a gift but would never spend that out of my pocket for what you get. Steel is sub par and doesn’t hold up long with lots of use. My wife is one who cooks 3 meals a day most days so they get run through pretty good. Several blades with chips and get dull pretty quick. The serrated last a little longer but only cause they’re serrated. Could see it being a half decent hunting knife but for the money I’d have a knife builder here in TBH make one that would hold an edge better
                          Check out "Bark River Knives" if you want a BA hunting blade!!!!

$$$ though..

Comment

I have the full serrated Cutco with a guy hook. It performs well for 1 elk and then you have no way to sharpen it. Long story short I’ll never carry it again but it sits in my truck to clean road kill for dog food. I’d advise a Randall Model 3 in carbon steel. Behring knives also has great knives so invest a little more and you’ll be glad you did.

Comment

Got em,love em,nuff said

Comment

I have enjoyed mine - I have two of the blaze orange serated edge hunting knives - both given to me as gifts

Comment

Working...
                                X