Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Genevieve View Post
    They wouldnt be one I would recommend. I've heard good things about Mike's in Liberty Hill. They're on Hwy 29. I believe its Mike's Barnyard BBQ. I've never had them process anything. They're BBQ is crap but I've bought some really good meat from them.
    That's funny, because I have never heard anything good about Mike's, at least as far as deer processing goes. I have talked to a handful of guys that used Mike's, once.

Comment

Originally posted by TXJon View Post
      That's funny, because I have never heard anything good about Mike's, at least as far as deer processing goes. I have talked to a handful of guys that used Mike's, once.
      I've never used them since I process my own now. I have used brizendines twice and both times we felt that we were really shorted. We took 2 does and got back much less than we should have. A friend took in a doe about the same size as ours (one was smaller) and got back more than we did. The first time we just thought it was us. the second time we knew it wasnt. We asked a few other guys at the lease and they said they felt like they had also been shorted.

Comment

Yep I grew up in Bertram and that is defen the case with Brizendines. They have some great stuff, especially the buck sticks! But you never know if youll get back what you take in... its unfortunate because as far as the quality its always been good. Never heard anything on mikes.

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
          Yep I grew up in Bertram and that is defen the case with Brizendines. They have some great stuff, especially the buck sticks! But you never know if youll get back what you take in... its unfortunate because as far as the quality its always been good. Never heard anything on mikes.
          My neighbor uses Brizendines and he said he's never had a problem but he's known them for years. I really don't care to feed someone elses family on my dime.

Comment

Originally posted by TXJon View Post
            Same here, I've heard nothing but bad about Mike's. I've never used either one because I've always processed my own, but have ways heard good things about Brizendine's. If I do it myself I know I'm getting my deer back and save a ton of money.

Comment

Did anyone hunt this weekend?

Comment

Not I but now that this cooler weather is comin in this week Im gunna try and get out during the week to see if I can fill the freezer. Anyone know how many doe tags are left? wouldnt want any surprises....

Comment

Anyone know when Russel park opens in the mornings? I finally get a chance to go this Saturday but want to make sure when I get there I can actually get in. And I will not have time to drive around to a different launch. If they open at 6 sharp I may have just enough time to get to my blind which will still be later than I like but good enough.

Comment

TXF - Last I talked to Terri they had 100 doe tags and only 10-12 were used. She said they typically only use about 30-40 each year of the 100 they get.

RR - I have been told they are open at 6, but not witnessed this firsthand.

Comment

Talked to someone that uses Russel and they said the park attendant there is usually pretty good at opening a tad early on weekends for the hunters. by or before 6am that is. Thanks jmaustin on the doe count.

Comment

TXFireFighter-did you get my messages?

Anyway, we are going to kill some axis does for the freezer on the 12th, so I was just seeing if you wanted to head out there with us. Let me know.

Comment

Being half the hunters first chance to hunt a Sat. Is anyone else hunting this Sat. a.m. ?

I'll be a Rusell Park around 5:45 waiting for the gate to open. White Durango towing a Bass Tracker. Stop and say hi if you see me.

Hope they are eating at least some corn out there.

Comment

holy cow those coons are huge. Was there a deer in that pic? haha

Comment

Good luck to everyone hunting this weekend! I won't be out there until late december, save one for me!

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                                Being half the hunters first chance to hunt a Sat. Is anyone else hunting this Sat. a.m. ?

I'll be a Rusell Park around 5:45 waiting for the gate to open. White Durango towing a Bass Tracker. Stop and say hi if you see me.

Hope they are eating at least some corn out there.
                                I've been out there a few times in October during the week and didn't see much till the last week or two. Definitely ready to head out this weekend though!! Finally can hunt mornings, and think I may even get out there the first morning (Friday) and stroll in to work a little late.

Won't be at Russell this weekend, but will in the future so I'll give give you a shout if we spot ya.

Comment

Working...
                                X