Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great info guys I️ appreciate the feedback

Comment

Last night I️ went straight to the food plot from work to change a camera out at ten til a group of hogs came out and as soon as they hit my path in they broke and run. This is what has peaked my interest

Comment

I have always heard that rubber boots work great for scent control; that being said I have had equally as good of hunts when I do not wear them. While I usually always wear my rubber boots it is usually more so that my feet stay warm/dry, but it is always nice to have the whole "scent control" theory in the back of my mind as well!

Comment

Muck Boots
          IMO rubber does not absorb/hold sent like leather or cloth.

Comment

Alpha Burly... stop shopping, just buy them

Comment

be sure to tuck your pant leg in your rubbers when hunting.

Comment

I have two pairs of snake boots. One pair is to work in. The other pair is strictly for hunting. They stay in my scent free tote with my clothes.
                I tried several brands of rubber boots. They all chewed my ankles up.

Comment

Originally posted by saltwaterslick View Post
                  i do not agree with this at all. Years of experience has shown me quite the opposite. I hunted out west and even in the rockies and have had much better control of ground scent wearing rubber boots as opposed to fabric or leather boots. Most of the time out west, mud was not a consideration at all...

Having said all that, i think what is more important is whatever boots/shoes you decide to wear only wear them when you are actually hunting... Do not wear them around camp, getting in/out of your vehicle, etc... The soles of any footwear will absorb the scent of whatever you happen to step on/in... When i'm bowhunting especially, i change shoes/boots when i get out of the truck to go hunt and change back to my street shoes/boots when i return to the truck at the end of the hunt... If you do that, then boots other than rubber boots work ok... Still not as good as a rubber boot for scent control however.... Imho, but then opinions are just like a-holes, everbody's got one... :d

agree.... ^^^^

Comment

Lacrosse Grange... uninsured and good to about 45 degrees or so with good Sox. Lagrange Burly after that.

Comment

^^^^ oops I meant uninsulated.

Comment

I don't think that rubber vs non-rubber boots are better for scent control, but its when you wear them....or really when you don't wear them. Get a pair of boots that you only wear hunting like stated before. Not at the house or around camp....I have a pair like that and they happen to be rubber boots. They can keep you warm and dry, something you want for hunting. I guess it depends on where you hunt and how cold it gets. And they probably won't be as expensive as a dedicated pair of warm and waterproof regular boots....but maybe not after looking at rubber boot prices...I have some cheap ones that work fine, but not insulated...
                        Last edited by Texas276; 11-07-2017, 03:18 PM. Reason: looked at rubber boot prices..

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcat91 View Post
                          Probably not the best boot for warmth though
                          Originally posted by Passafist View Post
                          Rubber boots will NOT keep your feet warm!! Doesn't matter how much insulation or your socks
                          Anyone care to expand on this/attest to this? I was thinking about getting a pair or rubber boots in the 800g-1200g insulation range for those colder, wetter mornings. Should I go another route? The scent control intrigues me, but I want these to be on the warmer side.

Comment

Originally posted by Passafist View Post
                            Rubber boots will NOT keep your feet warm!! Doesn't matter how much insulation or your socks
                            I've got a pair of lacrosse with steeltoes. You want to talk about not keeping your feet warm

Comment

MUCK boots are the only rubber boots I will wear.

Comment

Originally posted by Crappie View Post
                                Ok guys I️ got a question for y’all I’m getting ready or considering buying a pair of good rubber boots. So my question is how much more effective are they for scent control vs regular boots and any suggestions for style? Going to cabelas and looking for ok warmth with focus on comfort. Thanks guys
                                Knee high rubber boots are hot! Heat produces sweat! Sweat creates bacteria! Bacteria produces odor! Odor scares deer! Don't buy rubber boats unless you gotta cross a creek.

Everytime you take a step, poof! Stink comes out and lands on the ground and alerts deer and guess what? They go the other way.

Get a pair of light weight hiking boots that limits sweating, your legs and feet will thank you. Use cover scents on your boots to cover YOUR scent. You will have more deer following you to your stand

Comment

Working...
                                X