thermacells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beeler311 View Post
    Do these things actually work? I used mine 3 days this past season and was covered in mosquitoes. I had it about 10" from me and it didn't affect them whatsoever.
    Blasphemy!

Comment

Originally posted by lesson 101 View Post
      Yes they work 100000% I got half eaten alive turn it on and 2 minutes later not single bite!!! Dont leave home with out it
      x2 Never without it

Comment

I've heard bad reports about the newest generation of thermacells. Has anybody used one thats less than say a year old? All mine are about 4 years old and I love them.

Comment

Originally posted by Possum Fat View Post
          I've heard bad reports about the newest generation of thermacells. Has anybody used one thats less than say a year old? All mine are about 4 years old and I love them.
          I recently bought two new ones this year. Hadn't had any issue with it.

Comment

THe only time mine hasn't worked in when the pad is worn out. Put in a new pad, bingo.

Comment

Mine works every time 100% of the time when I'm in a pop-up. When I'm on a tri-pod exposed, wind sometimes carries the "smoke" away from me so I have to put it upwind and let the wind carry the "smoke" to me. It isn't as effective but still works.

Comment

I've had good success with them except for one hunt. I was sitting next to a creek and the thermacell did nothing to the mosquitoes. Other times, the mosquitoes are usually gone.

Comment

No problem with mine

Comment

If I am hunting an open seat in higher winds they are a LOT less effective. Other than that I have had good luck.

Comment

Would not even think of going to the woods without mine when needed. Its sweet revenge to set without a single bite when you know you would be eaten alive without it. They work very well and are permanent part of my hunting gear.

Comment

Sorry, but mine has let me down more than once when I was hunting mosquito infested Brazoria county....and yes it was on with a new pad.

Comment

I love my thermacel

Comment

mine worked

Comment

I swear by those things. I've used mine on the coast during teal season when the bugs are BAD and it always works. Wouldn't give mine up for nothing..

Comment

Went fishing out in Mesquite Bay this last November and we had some pretty mild days. We camped out on the shore in a tent that had a busted zipper. When we went to bed on one of the nights the wind was whipping good keeping them blood suckers away. By morning the wind had died completely. Out come them flying vampires by the hundreds! Because the tent's door was busted they made their way into the tent. We woke up in the middle of the night to a barrage of skeeters getting their fill. Dad, brother, a friend, and my uncle heard me trying to get into my bag and locate my Thermacell.

As they say the rest is history. They all own one now. They just could not believe how well that little gadget worked. On one of those mornings we woke up and before I fired it up I pointed out to my brother the hundreds of mosquitos all over the screen windows on the outside wanting in. I told him to keep an eye on the screen window as I turned the thermacell on. It went from hundreds of them evil things on the screen to zero in a matter of minutes. I've seen it with my own eyes. This thing works.

Comment

Working...
                                X