Gander Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gander Rant

Preaching to the choir, but went in today to look at a rifle and pistol, since they are down 40%. The same rifle I bought a month ago is now $65 more than I paid when I got 25% off. Geez......

This is what should be under investigation [emoji33]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It's no wonder why they are going under.

Comment

Dicks sporting goods has been running some decent sales recently. Especially online.

Comment

Yup. Looked at an Smith & Wesson m&p AR that was 25%!or 30% off and it was 1199 marked down to 899. Tomball pawn had the same gun for 679 brand new..... told the guy behind the counter and said no wonder you guys are going out of business. He just kinda shrugged like yep....

I do think their false advertising is total BS!!!!! Should be illegal to mark something up just to give it a higher discount and bring it back to original price. I've always hated shopping in Gander and I'm happy to see them go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
          Yup. Looked at an Smith & Wesson m&p AR that was 25%!or 30% off and it was 1199 marked down to 899. Tomball pawn had the same gun for 679 brand new..... told the guy behind the counter and said no wonder you guys are going out of business. He just kinda shrugged like yep....

I do think their false advertising is total BS!!!!! Should be illegal to mark something up just to give it a higher discount and bring it back to original price. I've always hated shopping in Gander and I'm happy to see them go!

Actually, it is illegal but the state never polices it, so retailers get away with it all the time.

Comment

Yep. My buddy got a crossbow at 10% off for 400. The same bow at 30% was 460. I hate them. I asked why the prices keep going up. They swore they don't but not from my experience.

Comment

Doesn't surprise me one bit!

Comment

Originally posted by Ag 96 View Post
                Actually, it is illegal but the state never polices it, so retailers get away with it all the time.

I feel bad for the customers that are unaware and don't know better and are getting taken advantage of....

Comment

Good riddance! Feel bad for all the rank and file employees though. Hopefully they find jobs with better companies.

Comment

I stopped going in their stores long ago.

Comment

I went to the one in Beaumont the other day. Same thing was happening. A guy was looking at a rifle and the price was discounted more, but the cost was higher than it was two weeks before. He had a picture of the price tag and the employee didn't know what to say at that point.

Comment

Can't wait for Gander Mountain to close and the new owners to open Gander Outdoors. May not change anything but I'm at least willing to give them one try. I'm not sure they will have a Texas store though.

Comment

I posted it in another thread a few days ago, Beaumont store had american eagle 44 mag on sale for $59.99,,, it did not surprise me why they still had so much of it!!

Comment

I made a run through the fishing gear last week. There are some decent prices to be found there with much of the tackle 50% off.

Comment

The stores are basically being run by the liquidators now, not the new company. Reading through the CEO's twitter feed over the past few months, I think the new company will be different. But they're not the ones running the stores and "sales" now. That's the liquidators. I think we'll see Gander Outdoors as a very different place than Gander Mountain was. Hoping, at least.

Comment

Working...
                              X