Brisket smokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket smokers

Who wraps brisket in foil during entire smoke? I typically wrap mine after smoking first five hours with fat cap up. Everyone loves my brisket but I'm wondering if it would make it more moist if I wrapped it the entire 10-12 hours.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Wrap it with pink paper, it doesn't keep cooking it like foil does.

Located around Fitzhugh Road and 290 West, please contact us for address and directions if you are arranging pickup of Firewood or Butcher Paper. 1/8 Cord - $160 1/4 Cord - $199 1/2 Cord - Prices available upon request 1 Cord - Prices available upon request

Comment

What would be the point of smoking it if it's wrapped in foil the entire time? Might as well cook it in the oven then aint it?

I'm by no means a pro at cooking brisket, but I wrap mine towards the end for an hour or so and then let it rest in foil for another hour or more. If I have a pan I will use that instead of just foil.

Comment

I do them the same way you do currently. I would think it would be hard to get a nice bark and good smoke ring on it if you wrapped it the whole time, but could very well be wrong

Comment

I wrap after about 2 hours of smoke. I've found that is plenty of smoke flavor.

Comment

It's all about the bark for me. Wrapping it is called the "Texas crutch". Not saying I haven't done it, or say it is bad.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
              Wrap it with pink paper, it doesn't keep cooking it like foil does.

http://www.texasbutcherpaper.com/
              That would be great if they shipped!

Comment

I do 5hrs smoke, then wrap, fat side down.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsbound View Post
                  I do them the same way you do currently. I would think it would be hard to get a nice bark and good smoke ring on it if you wrapped it the whole time, but could very well be wrong
                  No, you're not wrong.

Comment

I wrap in pink butcher paper after 8 hrs.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                      I do 5hrs smoke, then wrap, fat side down.
                      This has worked best for me, but I am by no means a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                        That would be great if they shipped!
                        I purchased mine here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-me...72.m2749.l2649

Comment

I would think that if you wrapped it the whole time, it wouldn't get any smoke and would wind up being basically a roast. It may wind up juicy and tender, but not taste like BBQ.

Comment

That is true, I wrap mine after I take it off the smoker.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                              Thank you for the link! I just bought a roll.

Comment

Working...
                              X