Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lifestyle not diet

Rule number one

Never take fitness tips from anyone under age 55, youth is wasted on the young.
    Last edited by Voodoo; 04-15-2017, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
      That is really significant. Do you feel you lost at least 12 lbs of fat? You should be looking really lean! Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I think about half of it was water weight. You shed a lot of water when you drop your glycogen stores, since they are bound with water. My love handles are almost imperceivable at this point. I still have a very small layer around the front of my belly, the last little bit of love handles, and a little in my chest. I think I have pretty much determined I will continue the calorie deficit until I hit 146, then I will increase to a mild surplus and hit the weights some and try to gain some in muscle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This was the best diet I was ever on. I did it for 2 years while in College. Would lose body fat and gain about 2-4 lbs in muscle mass a month. If i ever commit to lifting again, id get back on it.

Comment

I actually have an excel sheet that will keep all your % in touch.

Comment

"Fathead Pizza" for dinner.
            The crust is made from almond flower and mozzarella.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
              "Fathead Pizza" for dinner.
              The crust is made from almond flower and mozzarella.

Good stuff!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, we fell of the bandwagon for a week and a half or two. My wife was sick with the flu/sinus infection and I was out of state for most of it for work. (Man, it sure is hard to eat Keto on the road)

I have felt like absolute crap being back on carbs. I get hungry throughout the day, which I am no longer used to. And, I fell right back into the blood sugar crashes I struggled with before Keto. Luckily, I only gained 2.8 lbs back over that time period.

We start back on Keto Monday morning. (Though, technically it already is Monday morning). I can't wait to get back on it. My body just works better in ketosis.

Comment

Life happens IkemanTX. I threw in the towel for Mothers Day weekend. Back on the bike today. Carbs taste good but my body doesn't like them either.

Comment

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm doing it. Started in Jan. Down about 30 pounds so far but I had a few mishaps along the way. Not cheat days, I just wasn't paying enough attention to my macros.

Another thing that has really helped me is adding "intermittent fasting" to the mix. You can youtube it. if you come out of Keto it is a GREAT way to get back in, in a short period of time. Basically the technique I chose is the 16-8. I do not consume ANY calories whatsoever (even my meds) between the hours of 6pm and 10am. I eat my keto meals ONLY during the 8 hour window between 10am and 6pm.

Comment

^yeah IF is a great combo with keto

Comment

I watched some of the videos and if I ate like that I would starve.
                          What are you real folks eating?
                          I work construction so I'm kinda limited what I can eat at lunch and I usually can't eat again until 7pm.
                          I only need to drop 20- 25 lbs.

Comment

Tagged

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                              I work construction so I'm kinda limited what I can eat at lunch and I usually can't eat again until 7pm.

No you won't. My calorie intake is lower eating this way. You will crave carbs for about 3 days. Then it stops. Breakfast is usually black coffee with a tablespoon of butter and coconut oil blended in and maybe an egg of some sort.

For lunch I eat a salad, burgers with no bun, sandwich with no bread or tacos and ditch the tortillas. I cook for a family of 5 every night. I use ground venison for tacos, goulash, burgers and anything else it would be appropriate. Anything on the smoker or grill is fine. We eat a **** ton of broccoli, cauliflower and squash. I needed to lose 20 lbs. as well. I did it in a month and a half.

Its easier if you have someone helping you, spouse etc. I get that your on site and its more difficult but Whataburger will make a burger without the bun.

I have always hated the feeling of being full to the point where it was so uncomfortable that I would leave a lot of food on my plate. But I love foods that make you feel that way. Mexican food, pasta, chinese, sushi, Pho, pizza, burgers, anything heavy in carbs. I don't feel that way anymore, ever.

Carbs slow me down. Maybe its just genetic and I am not of a people who can tolerate a lot of carbs.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post

Typical day for me is

1/2 link venison sausage
                                1 avocado

Macadamia nuts
                                2 cheese sticks

Grilled chicken salad with blue cheese dressing

1 avocado
                                4 sugar free jello

1/2 link venison sausage or 3-5 eggs depending on available calories left

Plus, 4 tsp heavy cream in 2 cups of coffee.

That is a typical daily eats for me

Comes up to roughly 2550 calories

Edit....I also work nights as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X