Spot Hogg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spot Hogg?

Is spott hogg really that great to be that exspensive?

and what is the best best sight?

i know im kinda openin a can of worms just wanna hear some opinions!

I think Spot Hogg and Axcel are in a quality class of their own for multi-pin sights. I shoot a Spot Hogg, but it isn't a necessity. I have an HHA single pin as well.....excellent quality. But $50 sights kill deer just as well!

Comment

Originally posted by huey_mech9 View Post
      ....excellent quality. But $50 sights kill deer just as well!
      X2

Comment

Originally posted by huey_mech9 View Post
        I think Spot Hogg and Axcel are in a quality class of their own for multi-pin sights. I shoot a Spot Hogg, but it isn't a necessity. I have an HHA single pin as well.....excellent quality. But $50 sights kill deer just as well!
        what do you think of the HHA?
        like single pin sights confuse me, never looked into em much.. is it hard to adjust in time to shoot? like if something is constantly moving slow and never gives you time to range and adjust?
        I call coyotes in and shoot em with my bow, idk that i could use a HHA for that.. becasue they dont give you enough time or you never kno exactly where their gunna come in at.
        if you can tell me a lil bit about the HHA and how they work.

Comment

I had a cheap set of truglo on my bow when I bought it and moved to a spot hogg. My groups were just as small with the cheapo as with the hogg. Never had a problem with either sight moving.

With the hogg, I get better pin illumination with the fiber optic wrap, and if it's not enough, a 3 level light. The truglo had a cheap light and without it almost no illumination. The truglo had exposed fiber optics and a plastic ring. I would not trust it if it fell on the ground not to break or move pins. I haven't dropped it yet, but I'm confident the hogg wouldn't suffer much. My hogg has a few other features like 3rd axis leveling and micro gang adjust which are nice but I don't see as absolutely necessary.

I got mine for half price with a military discount, and I think it was worth the money. Not sure I'd pay full price, though it is an excellent product, I just don't have a lot of money laying around.

If you want one, I'd suggest trying to buy a used one. They are just about unbreakable, so I'd be confident a used one will work as advertised and provide years of use.

Comment

Cant speak for the HHA or the Axcel...But I just bought a Spot Hogg Hogg It off the classifieds and love it. I dont think I could go back to a sight without micro adjust!!!

Comment

I haven't used the HHA. Personally I think my Black Gold sight is brighter than Spot Hogg without the light. The Hogg does have an advantage in that you can attach the little light though. Not sure how close you are to a Cabelas, but if you watch the Bargain Cave you can catch some really good sights in there for decent prices and often they are just missing a screw or two. Thats how I got mine and I took it over to the archery department and they replaced the scews and mounted the sight for free.

Comment

Layton Pm sent

Comment

Yes.

Hunter Hogg-It.

Comment

armortech i really like

Comment

Originally posted by LaytonConor View Post
                      what do you think of the HHA?
                      like single pin sights confuse me, never looked into em much.. is it hard to adjust in time to shoot? like if something is constantly moving slow and never gives you time to range and adjust?
                      I call coyotes in and shoot em with my bow, idk that i could use a HHA for that.. becasue they dont give you enough time or you never kno exactly where their gunna come in at.
                      if you can tell me a lil bit about the HHA and how they work.

for a situation like you described above, I think a multi-pin sight would work better.... I like the HHA single pin sight if I'm in a hunting situation where I'll know my shooting opportunity distance (30 yards or closer). You can adjust the HHAs fairly quickly and the single vertical pin really opens up your sight picture.

Comment

I really like the single pin. Last year was the first time I've had to adjust the pin. Most of my shots come at 20 yards or less. I had time to adjust to 25 but if I had not had time I would have just held a little high. I love the sight window not being filled with pins.

Comment

I also just bought a spot hogg 5 pin sight I am more then happy with it compared to the 3pin cobra
                          I was shooting. My groups have gotten alot tight at ong distances and the adjustment is fastand easy
                          This might be, because the pins are smaller in diameter, but I think that has alot to do with the sight.
                          Well worth the money

Comment

2x

Comment

I tried 2 other brands and never liked them... then I bought a Spott Hogg HHI and LOVE it! IMO if you try it you will love it. Just my .02...

Comment

Working...
                              X