Drove 2hrs to realize I left arrows at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drove 2hrs to realize I left arrows at home

Yep. I’m a dummy. Just made the drive to Eastland. Got to ranch, all excited to hook up my GoPro to the bow and film a hunt. And............... that’s when I realized I left my arrows and quiver at home. Talk about ******! I have one of those double bow SKB classes that you can’t really fit a quiver or arrows in with a bow. You can sure bet I’ll be macguyvering the crap out of that case to ensure this doesn’t happen again. Bright side is I brought along an AR to chase some
    Pigs with so I’m not completely hosed.

Hopefully this wind will lay down so some critters will start moving to make
    Up for the crappy hunt so far. But hey, I’m in the woods and not at work!

Keep an extra arrow or two and a release at the lease at all times.

Comment

Hey when life gives you lemons...
      Glad you had some sort of backup

Comment

Here's one for ya. Went to POC duck hunting this weekend. The buddy with the boat shows up at the house in POC about 6pm. He drove in from Marble Falls. Drops the boat and heads back towards home. He forgot the GPS for the boat! His wife met him in Gonzales with the GPS, which helped. He ended up back in POC around 11pm. He drove over 10 hours Friday!

Comment

Aww man sorry to hear that

Thats what it takes sometimes, so that you'll never forget again

-dont ask me how I know that

Comment

Reminds me of the morning I tried to draw my bow with fingers. Realized real quick that hurts. Made the 1 mile walk back to the truck to get my release. 3 mile hike before the feeder went off .

Comment

Went out to a friend's place a few weeks ago and left my release...will stay clipped to the bow at all times now.

Comment

My Dad forgot his shotgun once going duck hunting; was only about a 30-minute trip back to house, luckily. A friend forgot to load his gun quail hunting -- first covey gets up and everyone shoots. How many did you get Bob? Uh, I didn't shoot. What do you mean? I forgot to load my gun after lunch.

Not perfect, but have tried to learn from the above by having a short checklist: license, weapon and bullets or arrows before putting truck in gear.

Comment

Been there done that. Now I carry a back up bow and keep a spare release and arrows in that case. Glad you have your AR, make the best of it.

Comment

I have left my release once at home, and a couple times I left it at camp. It sucks.

Comment

Fix a quiver mount on the outside of the case and hook up your quiver there---and flywise's advice is great.

Comment

When I was about 11, I left my shells and home. My dad had me carry an empty rifle around all day. I have not forgot again!

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                          keep an extra arrow or two and a release at the lease at all times.
                          this

Comment

last weekend I drove 1.5hrs, hiked in about a mile, hung stand, got all situated up in my tree and when I put on my release it turned out to be just the wriststrap (no release part). packed up and hiked out.

Comment

Left entire bow at home one morn.
                              Luckely realized it within 1/2 hr of home.

Comment

Working...
                              X