Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring Food Plot....Getting it ready to plant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They did a good job of welding that up. Good thing you caught it when you did!
    I got hogs showing up at 1:00 am, so I'm gonna camp out in my tall blind tomorrow night.

Comment

drycreek how do you like the quick attach ? I bought some but can't get them on my arm.
      Is it worth it if I modify to fit?

Comment

After 5 days
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
          After 5 days
          Gonna be good thick plot, if the hogs dont find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
            Gonna be good thick plot, if the hogs dont find it.
            I deal with them daily. Killed 86 this year so far. Trap it set today waiting on them. They usually got me but don’t wipe one out... just looks like they did

Comment

Them hogs got a range feeder the other day, they tore the metal loose on one side and dumped the feed.

Comment

Originally posted by huntmaster View Post
                drycreek how do you like the quick attach ? I bought some but can't get them on my arm.
                Is it worth it if I modify to fit?
                It's got pros and cons. I love the ease with which you can hook up to implements, but it sets everything back about 6", so you can pop a wheeli pretty quick going uphill ! Probably harder on my arms also and I'm sure contributed to it breaking. I don't think it will break again. I think in the future I might look into getting the frame type quick hitch.

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                I deal with them daily. Killed 86 this year so far. Trap it set today waiting on them. They usually got me but don’t wipe one out... just looks like they did
                Mine looked the same way, like a disaster, but I got peas on the way now ! Not many beans poking through yet, but I'm sure they'll come on in a couple days now.
                Attached Files

Comment

I confirmed something for myself that I'd been hearing on Deerbuilder about spraying gly on clover to control weeds and grass. For years I've been using cleth for grass and mowing and Butyrac 200 for weeds. I've heard several guys say that gly wouldn't kill clover in weak doses, but I got some overspray on mine a couple weeks ago, and it was full strength, like 2oz. to a gallon. As you can see, the grass is dead, the clover is fine, but I wouldn't do it in the heat of summer. I caught an 1.25" rain a few days after I put the gly out.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I am going to do a little experimenting as well. I am gonna spot spray some Basagran on nut sedge in my cow peas. Try a little area and see.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                      I am going to do a little experimenting as well. I am gonna spot spray some Basagran on nut sedge in my cow peas. Try a little area and see.
                      That stuff is tough. I have some next to a bean plot in a bottom and sprayed gly on it a couple weeks ago thinking I might put a little more clover in there and it ain't dead yet. I've killed it before with gly, but it ain't in a hurry......

Comment

Yes sir, Nutsedge is hard to kill and spreads quick. Another feller had told me to let the nutsedge mature out and then spray with 2-4D, and dont shred it. I did that last summer in one area and it has not come back. Reckon it must need the stem to soak up the 2-4D and send it to the nuts in the ground. I dont know that fer a fact, just my hillbilly way of speculating.

Comment

Got a good stand going right now
                          Last edited by Radar; 06-05-2019, 04:54 PM.

Comment

They is a dog in there

Comment

Sunn Hemp aint gonna make much, deer keep it cut down real bad. Next year I will make a bigger plot of this stuff. I will also stop doing seed blends for spring plantings and just go with one type of seed for each of my plots.

Comment

Looking great radar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X