No announcement yet.

Unhuntable deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow!! Are we seeing a 12-pointer in the first pic, along with some 10-point buddies?

Comment

Hay bale blind and sleeping bag.
      Do it.

Comment

Invest in a few big round bales and place in the pasture. One more way your hay blind blind wont stick out.

Comment

Originally posted by 14JKURX View Post
          Set up a hay bale blind and get in early!
          This!

Comment

Originally posted by bulltx50 View Post
            Invest in a few big round bales and place in the pasture. One more way your hay blind blind wont stick out.
            I've already got hay in the pasture. Thinking I'll re arrange it and stack the bales from the next cutting a little more strategically.

Comment

I think you are on the right track, hunt the wind, get in early, maybe a sleeping bag as suggested by some.

Comment

Now that you found the deer take u a tractor out there and mow a hundred yard circle around feeder. Looks like some good bedding in those pics behind deer, mow it to the ground. Would hate to c a big hog come out of that tall grass and take you legs out from under you. Then go buy you the biggest boxs blind and sleep in it over nite. After you do that text me and tell me if your deer are still there��

Comment

Originally posted by RanchFairy View Post
                  Originally posted by sweetinlow660 View Post
                  Unfortunately they frown on those in bow only counties
                  Suppressed .243 [emoji2]

Seriously if I can't kill a deer with my bow I would just as soon just enjoy watching it live.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Perkins7581 View Post
                    Now that you found the deer take u a tractor out there and mow a hundred yard circle around feeder. Looks like some good bedding in those pics behind deer, mow it to the ground. Would hate to c a big hog come out of that tall grass and take you legs out from under you. Then go buy you the biggest boxs blind and sleep in it over nite. After you do that text me and tell me if your deer are still there��

I think you're on to something

Comment

Im with the guys who say hale bale and sleep in it!

Comment

Good luck. I hope to see your ladies' monster LDPs.

Comment

Following

Comment

Following this one

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                              Suppressed .243 [emoji2]

Seriously if I can't kill a deer with my bow I would just as soon just enjoy watching it live.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
                              No doubt ! The patterns will definitely change just get in early and stay after them is all you can do you already know they are there so just get after them it's all about timing and luck anyway! Good luck

Comment

Bucks love tall grass and bedding on a slight rise. It may sound stupid to some but you need to start frequenting the area. Once the bucks get used to your scent, they won't pay you much mind. You need to look close for a very heavy trail seperate from what the other deer are using.

Many times what people would call zero cover is the best cover, especially with light colored clothing.
                                This type of hunting is exhilarating and requires a new game plan.

FWIW, I only use natural clothing materials in this environment and no synthetic blinds. Those bucks can be very sporting.

If you have to get elevated for the best "rifle shot" chance for your daughter, you can rig up some kind of a blind on a tractor away from the trails. It has to be a tractor or farm implement of some sort.

Where I may differ from the opinions of others is, I've never seen the pattern of a mature buck in grass change. The scenerio coupled with their age, is the "pattern change".

Best of luck

A few links on the subject:

One of the keys to prime whitetail habitat is thick, secure cover. If you don't have desirable bedding cover on your property, the land will not hold many deer.
                                Last edited by Johnny44; 08-22-2017, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X