• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buck Roar View Post
    Sounds good.
    For how long?
    How do you know when it's done.
    Thanks
    Its done when the husk are charred on all sides. You will have to turn it a few times. Dont put directly over heat for too long or you will burn the corn. I usually put mine on the top rack with a pit around 300°.

As for the recipe, im no help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      I peel back the husks and remove the silk but leave the husks attached at the bottom. I then smear butter and spices on the corn, put the husks back in place and secure with a piece of thin wire. Before putting them on the grill I spray the husk with water - this will create some steam on the grill. The corn itself does not get as charred with this method (which may be what you are looking for) but very tender and tasty. When they come off the grill the peeled back husks make for a nice handle.
      This is my favorite way, but soak the corn for several hours or overnight.

Comment

Made these tonight and they were a big hit. Everyone liked them! Thanks for sharing and the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Roar View Post
          Made these tonight and they were a big hit. Everyone liked them! Thanks for sharing and the help.
          Good roasted corn is always a hit. Glad y'all enjoyed it.

Comment

First to be authentic you use white corn. Not our yellow sweet corn most are used to although you can use it just fine! Different texture and flavor but still delicious.

White corn on the cob
            Queso fresco crumbled finely
            Butter or Caceque crema (not as fancy or hard to find as it sounds. its just a thick cream)
            salt
            Chili powder of your choice
            Valentina sauce
            Limes

All of those can be found at most normal grocery stores

Cook corn til your preferred tenderness. Coat in butter, salt, cream or mayo, queso fresco, chili powder, valentina and then squeeze of lime. Make sure there lots of napkins lol.

Comment

Got some corn to fry this tonight with steaks and crawfish bread! All I have is a broiler though! Might have to cook corn on low and then keep warm in the oven and throw the steaks on!

Comment

tagged

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                  I'm not sure how close it was to Mexican Street corn, but I did some fresh corn last night. I cooked over the fire until charred in several spots then brushed on a mixture of mayo, sour cream, chipotle chili powder, cilantro, and parmesan cheese(only cheese I had). The wife and kids devoured it.
                  I started it in the broiler and finished in the oven at 400 degrees. Did Mayo. Sour cream. Chili powder. Salt and Parmesan cheese. It was good!

Comment

Mexican Street Corn on the Cob recipe?

Recipe from my in laws

4 ears of corn
                    ¼ cup of Crema Mexican Agria Sour Cream
                    ¼ cup of mayonnaise
                    ½ cup of Cotija cheese, crumbled
                    2 cloves of garlic, crushed (or finely minced)
                    ¼ teaspoon of fine sea salt
                    Juice and zest of 1 lime
                    1/4 cup of Cilantro, finely chopped
                    ½ teaspoon of chili powder

Roast the corn and coat the corn

I also top with Tajin

Good as it gets

Comment

When I was a young kid we hunted with a group of very large dudes that I think were old football players, they would leave piles of corn cobs. I still think of them eating sweet corn off the pit. Those were the men who invented the big whitewing parties. One night dedicated to beef and the next night was fried trout. Roasted corn on the pit is hard to beat

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                        Food tag.
                        5yr old tag.

Get it from Mambo's these days...

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X