My 7 year "tradversary"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 7 year "tradversary"

I was searching for an old post and found one I started on this day in 2010 - it was on the occasion of ordering my first traditional bow. I chuckled as I went through my post history for the next 6 months as I proceeded with a long series of of newbie questions - all of which were patiently answered. It is like a journal of my trad journey - first trying just to figure out what all the lingo/terms mean. Then on to experimenting with anchor points and bouts of hair-pulling frustration as I tried to tune arrows. (took me a while to realize that trying to tune before you can consistently put 3 arrows in the same zip code is less than pointless) I never considered giving up and although there were times I thought I would never get it, I was truly and deeply hooked. I came across my old Mathews Feathermax in the closet the other day and realized I have not shot it since the day UPS delivered first recurve. The point of this thread is to say I have this forum to thank for my addiction that just passed the 7 year mark.

Pretty cool. Maybe one day... Baby steps.

Comment

awesome

Comment

Sweet! That's a great testimony.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome!! I'll have my 2 year tradversary this year lol. Never realized what I was getting into. I go to sleep thinking about bowhunting, and wake up thinking about bowhunting. My wheel bows never did that for me.

Comment

Not sure what I should say? Congrats!... or... I'm sorry!?

Happy tradversary John!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Nicely said. I've been hooked on Trad since 1991 and still don't have everything figured out. That for me, is part of the journey.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Been a fun journey hasn't it. I've been on this journey since the early 90's and its still fun, it's taken me many places, and made me some good friends

Comment

It is phenomenal how this thing gets hold of you and doesn't let go! Congrats on your tradversary! I'm a little over three years into this.

Just got back from a gun hunt in Menard county. Took a little spike with a rifle, but also got a couple of stalks in on some deer trails with my recurve. Got caught in the open on two occasions by some doe. First by two at about twenty yards Who were trying to figure out what I was. She stood there blowing eight times in succession as I was down wind.

Then again, almost 'nose to nose' with another at about twelve yards. Couldn't get a shot off either time, but the encounters were much more exciting than taking that spike with a rifle from a blind. Yeah, you could say it is addictive!

Todd

Comment

Lots of good memories, no doubt
                        Keep having fun with it

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

Happy tradversary John, I'm a little ways behind you and it's been fun.

Guys like you are what makes this site different than all of the others. You always offer very solid advise along with the "why's explained". Thank you!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X