X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yup

Comment

Originally posted by SAC View Post
      But where does it end. Starts out with your "obvious" lists. Guess what, 10 years and 10 shootings later, lets add to the list. Still not enough, lets add more.

For the record, I am tired of seeing these incidents just as much as the next guy. There is a bigger issue with this country than guns and mental health.
      Yep, this is why you can't just react off of emotions. It will not stop these shootings. And 50 years later folks will lose their 2A rights (if we still have 2A) if they disagree with a political post on FB. There is not stopping this once the cat is out of the bag. It will just give more power to the government who is terrible at running anything it touches.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
        What is it you’re confused about? Did you read the article? We need to enforce laws we have. State and local law enforcement needs to communicate with feds in cases like this. We can’t dismiss credible threats like this. He’s been treating to kill and rape people for years. “Obsessed with killing”, as one acquaintance put it.
        Assuming you meant to say "threatening," what would you have had state and local law enforcement communicate to the feds? What crime were these "credible threats"?

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
          Assuming you meant to say "threatening," what would you have had state and local law enforcement communicate to the feds? What crime were these "credible threats"?
          Does terroriatic threats , TX penal code section 22.07 suffice for you?
          Can be, AND SHOULDVE BEEN, charged as a felony. Will that do??

Comment

Originally posted by SAC View Post
            But where does it end. Starts out with your "obvious" lists. Guess what, 10 years and 10 shootings later, lets add to the list. Still not enough, lets add more.

For the record, I am tired of seeing these incidents just as much as the next guy. There is a bigger issue with this country than guns and mental health.
            I dont care where it ends. I care where it starts. This jack wagon having the same right as me to have a gun is a joke.

Comment

Does terroriatic threats , TX penal code section 22.07 suffice for you?
              Can be, AND SHOULDVE BEEN, charged as a felony. Will that do??
              No, it won't do, since you can't charge a dude in Ohio with an offense under the Texas Penal Code.

While you're rereading the code, notice that these are misdemeanor offenses anyway.

Comment

I’m was referencing the El Paso Guy. Though that would be pretty clear considering I referenced the Texas penal code.

Clearly you’re looking to pick a fight. I promise you, I’m not the guy.

And you’re wrong - https://texas.public.law/statutes/te..._section_22.07

Subsection a4, a5, and a6 can all be felony charges and in the case of El Paso, should’ve been treated and charged as such.
                Move along.

Comment

I’m was referencing the El Paso Guy. Though that would be pretty clear considering I referenced the Texas penal code.

Clearly you’re looking to pick a fight. I promise you, I’m not the guy.
                  Your post with the link daytondailynews dot com/news/local/new-details-dayton-shooter-obsessed-with-killing-bellbrook-classmates-say is about the El Paso guy, not the Dayton guy? Oh boy.

And you’re wrong - https://texas.public.law/statutes/te..._section_22.07

Subsection a4, a5, and a6 can all be felony charges and in the case of El Paso, should’ve been treated and charged as such.
                  Move along.
                  Sure, we can talk about the El Paso guy here. Link me to something that says he threatened to commit any offense involving violence to any person or property with intent to
                  (4) cause impairment or interruption of public communications, public transportation, public water, gas, or power supply or other public service;
                  (5) place the public or a substantial group of the public in fear of serious bodily injury; or
                  (6) influence the conduct or activities of a branch or agency of the federal government, the state, or a political subdivision of the state.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                    I dont care where it ends. I care where it starts. This jack wagon having the same right as me to have a gun is a joke.
                    Your right, but where it ends is, neither one of you having a gun.

Comment

Your post with the link daytondailynews dot com/news/local/new-details-dayton-shooter-obsessed-with-killing-bellbrook-classmates-say is about the El Paso guy, not the Dayton guy? Oh boy.

Sure, we can talk about the El Paso guy here. Link me to something that says he threatened to commit any offense involving violence to any person or property with intent to
                      (4) cause impairment or interruption of public communications, public transportation, public water, gas, or power supply or other public service;
                      (5) place the public or a substantial group of the public in fear of serious bodily injury; or
                      (6) influence the conduct or activities of a branch or agency of the federal government, the state, or a political subdivision of the state.
                      Do you honestly think this doesn’t apply?? I could make the same argument for the parkland kid.

I simply had the two shootings/details mixed. Nonetheless, that doesn’t change my point that if we enforced current laws and local law communicated/followed up that way in which they should’ve, it would be a different conversation.
                      Last edited by JLivi1224; 08-06-2019, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Do you honestly think this doesn’t apply??
                        If you want us to believe El Paso Man should have been locked up for (a5) long before he committed his crime, all you have to do is provide us evidence that he threatened to commit an (a5) offense before the crime.

Comment

If you want us to believe El Paso Man should have been locked up for (a5) long before he committed his crime, all you have to do is provide us evidence that he threatened to commit an (a5) offense before the crime.
                          Or I could simply direct you to the OH penal code. Still makes you wrong, regardless of me having the details crossed up for a moment. At the end of the day, we are arguing semantics, really. I am simply saying we need to enforce existing laws, before our govt proposing and supporting new laws!
                          would it have saved lives - MAYBE!! and as long as there is the possibility of lives being saved, then we need to do so.
                          We all recognize that criminals dont however, follow laws.

2909.23 Making terroristic threat.
                          (A) No person shall threaten to commit or threaten to cause to be committed a specified offense when both of the following apply:

(1) The person makes the threat with purpose to do any of the following:

(a) Intimidate or coerce a civilian population;

(b) Influence the policy of any government by intimidation or coercion;

(c) Affect the conduct of any government by the threat or by the specified offense.

(2) As a result of the threat, the person causes a reasonable expectation or fear of the imminent commission of the specified offense.

(B) It is not a defense to a charge of a violation of this section that the defendant did not have the intent or capability to commit the threatened specified offense or that the threat was not made to a person who was a subject of the threatened specified offense.

(C) Whoever violates this section is guilty of making a terroristic threat, a felony of the third degree. Section 2909.25 of the Revised Code applies regarding an offender who is convicted of or pleads guilty to a violation of this section.
                          Last edited by JLivi1224; 08-06-2019, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                            How do you determine who shouldn't have guns, knives or bows? How do you enforce it? What is to prevent the from using a different tool (car, gas can & match, fork)?
                            Jer James you didn't answer this. I assume its because its a really hard question but please try and answer. Not trying to put you on the spot, just curious what the answer to this is.

Comment

(A) No person shall threaten to commit or threaten to cause to be committed a specified offense when both of the following apply:

(1) The person makes the threat with purpose to do any of the following:

(a) Intimidate or coerce a civilian population;

(b) Influence the policy of any government by intimidation or coercion;

(c) Affect the conduct of any government by the threat or by the specified offense.
                              Goodness. You are all over the place.

What civilian population did Ohio Man threaten to intimidate or coerce?
                              What government policy did Ohio Man threaten to intimidate or coerce?
                              What government conduct did Ohio Man threaten to intimidate or coerce?

Comment

Goodness. You are all over the place.

What civilian population did Ohio Man threaten to intimidate or coerce?
                                What government policy did Ohio Man threaten to intimidate or coerce?
                                What government conduct did Ohio Man threaten to intimidate or coerce?
                                Read the code first. I even highlighted it for you above, directly from the code.

Hard to make the argument, imo, that this does not apply.

Been real fun bud.
                                Last edited by JLivi1224; 08-06-2019, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X