I heard gas stations are running out of gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mchunter67 View Post
    a number of locations in the Waco area are out HEB, Walmart, most of the Valeros
    Yep they are running out one by one in Waco...

Comment

McAllen is out...

Comment

I stopped at two different stations on 287 north side of Ft Worth. Both out.

Comment

You guys can't imagine what is going on behind the scenes to make sure stations have gasoline. You will hear more about it soon. Just know that people are working around the clock to get gas and diesel refined, to the terminals, and to the gas stations. EPA has stepped up and is providing wavers on many of their regulations to make sure any gas and diesel that can get here, will get here. That being said, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to know the system will be stressed to the max for the next few weeks. Have faith that big oil and the government want you to have the gas you need.

Comment

For those traveling north I35 in Lorena there is a small mom & pop convenient store that has fuel (gas) just a few miles off the interstate. At least they had fuel at 6:00 this evening..

4662 spring valley rd Lorena Tx

Comment

The Woodlands HEB in Indian Spring Shopping center had 2200 gallons of 87 octane at noon today and were closing at 3:00pm. I'm not sure what time they open in the morning, but I'm sure they will sell out quickly once they do.

Comment

From my experience with Katrina, gas will be a problem for about a week, at least that was our situation. no gas for a week or so, then a little gas with quotas. They lifted the ban on off-road diesel in road trucks for about a year here. It was made worse by people trying to get all the gas they could, whenever they could, even if they really didn't need it. Best advice I can give is don't drive around and don't drive all over looking for gas. If you can sit tight till next week, it will get better. Good luck and God Bless
                Last edited by QDM4fun; 08-29-2017, 08:54 PM.

Comment

How about diesel supplies west of San Antonio?
                  Any word on running out out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Crazy but on the news Kroger stations around Dallas are out.

Comment

Originally posted by kmon View Post
                      just had a coworker mention this to me, also said the station across the street from his Kroger only had super premium

Comment

Originally posted by kmon View Post
                        The Kroger in Allen had the pumps turned off at 4:30 this morning. Don't know if they were out or just trying to control it more.

I filled up across the street at 7-11 with no problem.

Comment

Filled up with diesel at Bucees this morning in Fort Worth.

Hopefully I can find enough to get home from the lease this weekend. Worst case I have to stay a few more days, dangit.
                          Last edited by Acameron52; 08-30-2017, 12:09 PM.

Comment

The Kroger in Forney is out of gas and I just saw a report that QT is going to be selecting which of their stations will have gas, but that roughly 1/3 won't be getting anymore until supplies return to normal.

Comment

Krogers and Walmarts in Mansfield were out last night along with most other stations but there were a few that still had gas. Kroger still had diesel though thankfully.

Comment

There are hundreds of ships waiting to unload crude oil but they can't because the Coast Guard has to verify the channels are clear from them.

The refineries have lots of reserves and are nowhere near out of fuel but once shut down it takes a while to bring the plant back up.

The fuel racks where the fuel goes to be loaded into tanker trucks, some were damaged by the storm and/or have no electricity.

Then to even further complicate things some racks have no ethanol to blend with the gasoline so you can run the gas in your vehicles.

It will get better faster than we think.

Corpus is loading trucks so Victoria won't be far behind.

Going to be a while before the Houston refineries are doing anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X