Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Young gun 12 View Post
    anyone had a problem with cams getting taken? had 3 of mine taken already
    Sorry to hear that. I haven't had any taken, but I've got them each locked up with a Masterlock Python cable lock. I haven't really tried to cover them with brush but maybe I should.

Comment

I put mine a good way of the ground inside a steel box that I made that is locked and has a 3/8 cable that runs threw the box and around the tree have 3 cams out right now headed out there in a few weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I put mine up high as well and I make sure they don't stick out like a sore thumb. I also avoid placing them in a place that is in direct view from trails people will use. If someone does walk up on one of my cameras there is a very good chance they will walk right by it and never know their picture was taken.

Comment

Here are a few prospects. The times and dates on my camera are wrong.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by troy_w_7; 07-23-2017, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Nice ones Troy.

I went out Saturday to check my cams and scout some new locations. Still learning what's out there.

Highlights: I jumped over a dozen deer (1, 2 and 3 at a time) in several different locations. Mostly does and many had fawns with them. Two were bucks but both were yearling, fork bucks, maybe one was a 6. Saw turkey for the first time and some coyote pups.

Lowlights: Nothing but does on the cams. Just not seeing any bucks, much less shooter bucks. Also, one came has not one but two stands nearby. I'm moving it next time I'm out there. Just hate to do it because there's some really good signs.

Not sure why bucks wouldn't be showing up. I see lots of deer and lots of fawns and lots of rubs from last year. At some point bucks should be showing up on camera you'd think.

Oh well I'll keep at it.

Comment

Troy w nice pics. Hopefully one is legal when the season starts.

Drycreek wish we could've met up. Work sucked. Glad to hear you are seeing deer.

Comment

Yea, one looks to be right at 13'' or a bit under. The other looks plenty wide enough but I'm curious to see how much higher he goes. Still has quit a bit of growing to do come Oct.

Comment

Both could be really good deer. Where did you kill the deer in your avatar if you dont mind me asking?

Comment

Grapevine Lake

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                      Here are a few prospects. The times and dates on my camera are wrong.
                      Nice pics! Glad your seeing some bucks.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                        Grapevine Lake
                        Awesome. Grapevine has some monsters. That buck you shot is just perfect. I love the typicals any day over non typical, perfect set of antlers there.

If you get time and care to share I'd love to hear the story behind that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                          I'll be honest and give you my .02$ just to help ya along a little.

The best to you this coming season. There's a lot of fun out there. And a lot to learn and experience with age.
                          Mike, he said he don't believe in scent control or being quite. Guess he don't believe in shooting deer, then.

Comment

To those who questions about having their cams stolen, yes it can and will happen. Same thing with stands. I started a thread in the DIY forum some years ago on how I get away with not having a cam stolen.

I camo mine with moss, bark, etc bought from Hobby Lobby. I had hunters walk past it numerous times and not know it was there.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                              To those who questions about having their cams stolen, yes it can and will happen. Same thing with stands. I started a thread in the DIY forum some years ago on how I get away with not having a cam stolen.

I camo mine with moss, bark, etc bought from Hobby Lobby. I had hunters walk past it numerous times and not know it was there.

That is awesome took me a bit to find it what about in the fall when every thing is dead dose it not stick out a bit ?

Comment

Originally posted by hogman$ View Post
                                That is awesome took me a bit to find it what about in the fall when every thing is dead dose it not stick out a bit ?

Not at all, cuz even in fall here in texas, there's still a lot of green and by that time, the stuff fades on it anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X