Davy Crockett Hunting Thread 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robert97dodge View Post
    Sure he does. We all know its really him we see 100 yards from the road in a tree while we are driving in.

I don't know about y'all but i am ready to get back in the woods. I have a feeling its gonna be a miserable bow season this year.

Hey whatever works.

Bow season is always miserable.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonS View Post
      I view this thread for entertainment, people fishing for info, lol.

This gets complicated. If pics are posted, it does draw attention to certain areas. Yes its public, so its avail to everyone. I don't want everyone using it, hard enough to get deer, without extra pressure, people. I would never try to run anyone off, and usually speak to other hunters in the areas. BUt I never try to welcome hunters in to any public areas that I am hunting.

Its very hard to get good deer on public lands, so people that do so, are tight lipped about it. Some areas are better for bigger deer than other public areas. Regardless of whether the New people who scour the internet looking for tips get a deer, its still extra pressure in a area. There was increased activity in DCNF, and it has been increasing the past few years. I walk up on/through more people than I used to. I believe the internet is partly responsible. Leases go up, people look for new areas, and hence research public land.

Giving tips to people doesn't make you a better person, and not doing so doesn't make you a bad person/greedy. People who hunt theses areas spend lots of time and effort doing what they do. They don't want people to profit from their hard work. They don't want people pressuring their areas. Public deer are fickle. People should do their own "footwork" to check on an area, and not rely on public internet postings to narrow their search. Public land hunting is very hard, and not usually rewarding.

In addition, not all people are good, they ;leave trash, steal things, so more people means increase in ratio of bad people as well. People Might ask to see if anyone wants to go scouting, teach them to scout, then develop those friendships. I have tried to help new hunters get into public land hunting, but a friendship was developed first.

I like seeing big deer, but whether lease of public, doesn't really matter. Lease deer wander into public land, so they are the SAME. There was an East TExas thread in the public forum with lots of pics, I liked it, and it never said where the deer were killed. These public land threads have had a negative impact on the hunting in some areas, not just DCNF. I hunt multiple public lands, and my response in not just to DCNF, but all public land forums that draw attention to those areas.
      No point chasing dead deer...

Comment

Originally posted by JasonS View Post
        I view this thread for entertainment, people fishing for info, lol.

This gets complicated. If pics are posted, it does draw attention to certain areas. Yes its public, so its avail to everyone. I don't want everyone using it, hard enough to get deer, without extra pressure, people. I would never try to run anyone off, and usually speak to other hunters in the areas. BUt I never try to welcome hunters in to any public areas that I am hunting.

Its very hard to get good deer on public lands, so people that do so, are tight lipped about it. Some areas are better for bigger deer than other public areas. Regardless of whether the New people who scour the internet looking for tips get a deer, its still extra pressure in a area. There was increased activity in DCNF, and it has been increasing the past few years. I walk up on/through more people than I used to. I believe the internet is partly responsible. Leases go up, people look for new areas, and hence research public land.

Giving tips to people doesn't make you a better person, and not doing so doesn't make you a bad person/greedy. People who hunt theses areas spend lots of time and effort doing what they do. They don't want people to profit from their hard work. They don't want people pressuring their areas. Public deer are fickle. People should do their own "footwork" to check on an area, and not rely on public internet postings to narrow their search. Public land hunting is very hard, and not usually rewarding.

In addition, not all people are good, they ;leave trash, steal things, so more people means increase in ratio of bad people as well. People Might ask to see if anyone wants to go scouting, teach them to scout, then develop those friendships. I have tried to help new hunters get into public land hunting, but a friendship was developed first.

I like seeing big deer, but whether lease of public, doesn't really matter. Lease deer wander into public land, so they are the SAME. There was an East TExas thread in the public forum with lots of pics, I liked it, and it never said where the deer were killed. These public land threads have had a negative impact on the hunting in some areas, not just DCNF. I hunt multiple public lands, and my response in not just to DCNF, but all public land forums that draw attention to those areas.
        I don't completely agree with you. Just don't give a GPS coordinate, other then that a general question can be answered like what side of Forest has hogs. General area will still require for boots to hit the ground it's not like animals don't move around on an hourly basis lol

Comment

Working...
        X