Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Matthews Triax - WOW!! (and sight recommnedations)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a Montana black gold single pin for the triax I ordered today

Comment

Best of both worlds? I really like the concept of the Trophy Taker Option sight.
      Strangely it's not listed on the Trophy Taker Products webpage, but seems to be available for sale.
      [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH4xZ7N_2Ko"]Trophy Taker Option 6 pin setup - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhica View Post
        I put an Axcel AccuTouch 3 pin on my Triax. I'll be shooting it this wknd for the first time for distance.
        This ^, except on a hoyt which is a much better set up. J/K about the set up but those sights are pretty sweet.

Comment

Just ordered my new Triax today at CCR.
          Can’t wait, feelin all giddy inside like a little kid again .

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
            This is what I'm thinking too.

I've always been a single pin fan for the sight picture, but I'm going on my first elk hunt this year and I've heard and seen a lot of opportunities that come from a bull getting spooked as it comes in close and then stopping at 30-40 yards to look back to see "whatever the heck that was."
            Over those few seconds I think making an accurate yardage adjustment on a single pin might compromise the opportunity.
            That thought has me leaning toward a multi (3) pin adjustable, where I have a menu of known yardages available for any given setting but also the range that comes with an adjustable that I can dial out to 70 or 80 yards or more.
            This is what had me looking hard at the CBE.
            Maybe the Axcel with Accu-stat 3 should be on the menu.
            A single pin sight cost me 2 pigs this season. With deer, a single pin worked fine because once a deer settles in they don’t move around much. WIth pigs they are ALWAYS moving, so multiple pins mean less lost opportunities as long as you know your distances.

Any of the sights that have been mentioned are quality sights. Get a multiple pin slider and go for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesl View Post
              This ^, except on a hoyt which is a much better set up. J/K about the set up but those sights are pretty sweet.

Sure is pretty though!!

Comment

I’ll probably never consider anything other than a multi pin slider from now on. I’ve got a couple of seasons in with the spot Hogg fast Eddie now, and I have no complaints with it. Would by another. I’m using the double pin model. With my rig I set the top pin at 25 which makes the bottom pin 40. That works perfect for me from 5-45 yards. Longer than that I range and dial, but that has never been an issue for me. I bought it because I was doing double duty with the sight between target and hunting. If buying again strictly for hunting I’d consider one with more pins even though I’ve been happy with the double pin. If I take it out west I’d want at least a 5 pin I think.

D

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhica View Post
                  Sure is pretty though!!

Man would you look at the size to those wheels.

Comment

Shot the triax last month. For a small bow, it’s so smooth. The Halon 32 is a little scared right now

Comment

Shot the Triax yesterday.

Wow!

Comment

Made a drive to Hoffy's in Lampasas yesterday and walked out with Elevated II limbs and a stone riser, QAD, 6" Flatline stabilizer, and a Black Gold single pin. Wasn't sure about the single pin but really liked the site window and playing around with different distances today. 29.5" draw with Gold Tip Hunter 300's, 50gr insert and 100gr tips pushing 296-298fps on the graph. Impressed with the entire package and especially Aaron setting everything up. Hoping to draw a little blood tomorrow morning.

Comment

Working...
                        X