Stand question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stand question

I have a set up thats under a big oak tree with lots of growth around it. Have a two man ladder stand for gun hunting...kinda cramped for drawing a bow. I just threw a chair in there by the ladder. Do y'all think i should brush it in better or leave it as is since they are used to it because its been there for years. Feeder is about 70yds away but isnt running. Put out 100# of hand corn last Saturday about 25yds from the tree. Heres pics from chair. Pond is northeast of me about 100yds or so. Tree is behind me to break up outline.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Just hunt it don't be playing with yourself [emoji6]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post

Im out.

Comment

Brush wont hurt but not brushing is probably fine as well. When you hand corn about 10-20 pounds is plenty.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
            Brush wont hurt but not brushing is probably fine as well. When you hand corn about 100-200 pounds is plenty.
            Fify

Comment

View from corn to chair

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                Fify
                I have not used a feeder in 12 years. I only hand corn when I am actually sitting in my stands and 10-20 has always been plenty.
                That said I guess if a person just wanted to throw money away that's fine as well

Comment

You need more brush behind you in my opinion. Otherwise any movement will broadcast you are there. I used to take yard fencing 2x4 sqaures and cut two if three shooting windows in it and make a big circle in the brush. 5-6 diameter. Use camo burlap on the back and brush in the front really good. Just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                    You need more brush behind you in my opinion. Otherwise any movement will broadcast you are there. I used to take yard fencing 2x4 sqaures and cut two if three shooting windows in it and make a big circle in the brush. 5-6 diameter. Use camo burlap on the back and brush in the front really good. Just my two cents.
                    Thats kinda what i was thinking

Comment

Working...
                    X