20-21 Amistad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
    Well can't complain, duck hunters stopped blasting at sundown and the deer started moving once it got quiet.
    Awesome!

Comment

Fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice doe. Hopefully they are moving the next few days.

Comment

Congrats! Nice shot.

Comment

Anyone been out hunting Amistad? What is the deer movement like?

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
              Anyone been out hunting Amistad? What is the deer movement like?
              Got winded aboot 30 minutes ago. I should probably learn not to setup on top of scrapes, **** things always approach from downwind no matter where the trails are.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                Got winded aboot 30 minutes ago. I should probably learn not to setup on top of scrapes, **** things always approach from downwind no matter where the trails are.
                did you see if it was decent buck ??

Are there many deer moving?? Not exactly cool weather.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                  did you see if it was decent buck ??

Are there many deer moving?? Not exactly cool weather.
                  Couldn't tell, don't think he saw me either. Aside from that that's all I've seen. I wouldn't say anything's moving yet, he's just coming to check his scrape. We just got here a couple hours ago after hunting another place earlier this week. I'm spent and ready for fishing season. Lol

Comment

Yep they're moving. Just passed on a momma doe at 18 yards in my shooting lane, fawn was tiny. She's making me regret it now, snorts sound like sneezes. Too bad she's not in heat, she came back and could've shot her a couple times now.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by justletmein; 11-21-2020, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Looks like you have the lake to yourselves!! 1 vehicle in area 1, 1 in area 3 and 2 in area 2. I saw lots of folks at the Diablo east campgrounds so not sure how many are hunting of off boats. Zero at area 5 which is normally packed with mouflon chasers...

I will be in area 1 tomorrow morning. Hope to paint an arrow red!
                      Last edited by Pedernal; 11-21-2020, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Good luck! Yeah it seems pretty quiet in the hunt areas, lots of fishermen. No duck hunters tonight.

Comment

Ha#4

Was interested in checking out Hunt Area 4. Does anyone have any experience canoeing or kayaking out there?

Comment

Yes. Watch the wind and launch from an appropriate point

Comment

Thanks for the tip on the wind, looks like it's predominantly NW'erly. I'll keep an eye on the forecast. I was hoping I could launch from the north-east side of San Pedro Camp Site; hike the boat down to the water. Does anyone know if that's possible or practical? Seems like that would give me the shortest paddling distance out to #4. Where else would folks recommend to launch from?

Comment

Oh no, not even close to feasible from San Pedro. You can probably hike or from 277N campground but best option is to drive up to Spur 454 boat ramp or day use area. 277N if you plan to hit SE side of area 4, NW side isn't accessible without going all the way around so launch from Spur 454 area to get there.

Comment

Working...
                                X