X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers sent.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
      ****... That sounds like a classic case of shedding wet clothes because he's freezing.
      Yes it does. hopefully he had a way to make a quick fire. We used to carry a "fire starting kit" in our PFDs for this reason. Something to consider for the folks boating especially during the winter months.

Continued prayers that he is found safe and for his family.
      Last edited by Pedernal; 10-28-2020, 04:55 PM.

Comment

The local news in SA reported on it just now, they said hos vehicle was found at a camp site. Hmmm

Comment

I just seen this, any updates? Prayers up.

Comment

There was another thread on the fire about it. They found his body. R.I.P

Comment

Man that’s terrible, any details on what happened? Prayers for the family in this hard time.

Comment

1st trip of the year. I'm in one of my favorite coves but it looks barren with hardly any sign. Lake is so low I think they've got better places to graze now.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by justletmein; 11-02-2020, 04:39 PM.

Comment

1st trip of the year. I'm in one of my favorite coves but it looks barren with hardly any sign. Lake is so low I think they've got better places to graze now.
                  Man !
                  That sure is a slick boat/setup you got there.
                  How does it do across the devils river with those waves at night.

Comment

All the deer left the lake amistad area. Please spread the word; no reason to go hunting out there.

Comment

You'll find em. Good luck.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
                        Man !
                        That sure is a slick boat/setup you got there.
                        How does it do across the devils river with those waves at night.
                        Thx man, yeah we love these boats. This is my 2nd one. I've had both in an angry West Matagorda bay in 30+, it ain't fun but it handles it.

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                        All the deer left the lake amistad area. Please spread the word; no reason to go hunting out there.
                        I think you might be right. Not so much as a mouse tonight but deer moving all over the roads by the boat ramp. Caught a string dead smell in the way walking out tonight, followed it 300 yards or so up the draw and was real close and strong but it was coming from some of the nastiest thickest brush there is and I couldn't get through it.

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
                        You'll find em. Good luck.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
                        We're gonna try. I'm handicapped a bit though, gotta work til 2pm daily so just hitting the evenings this week. Wife gonna walk in to Area 2 tomorrow and lay a track out and hit it early Wednesday and Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post

That's right... she never saw my arrow coming. No reason to come out here!

On another note, I got out there while the search for the lost hunter was going on. Sad to hear, I went boatless and did put on a few extra miles in an effort to help. I'll probably head back to Amistad later this winter, have a few draw hunts coming up.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Man I want to go check that country out sometime this year. I'd be happy to pick up the gas bill and some groceries if anyone is looking for a travel buddy...or even cook a few meals if we met out there and just camped together.

Comment

Much better evening tonight but didn't let any fly. Talked to a super cool game warden at the ramp, that dude was sharp.

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
                              Man I want to go check that country out sometime this year. I'd be happy to pick up the gas bill and some groceries if anyone is looking for a travel buddy...or even cook a few meals if we met out there and just camped together.
                              Come down week before Thanksgiving.

Comment

Thx man, yeah we love these boats. This is my 2nd one. I've had both in an angry West Matagorda bay in 30+, it ain't fun but it handles it.

I think you might be right. Not so much as a mouse tonight but deer moving all over the roads by the boat ramp. Caught a string dead smell in the way walking out tonight, followed it 300 yards or so up the draw and was real close and strong but it was coming from some of the nastiest thickest brush there is and I couldn't get through it.

We're gonna try. I'm handicapped a bit though, gotta work til 2pm daily so just hitting the evenings this week. Wife gonna walk in to Area 2 tomorrow and lay a track out and hit it early Wednesday and Thursday.
                                Dude, you working remotely from camp till 2 each afternoon?

I'm impressed.

Comment

Working...
                                X