No announcement yet.

SHNF 17-18 ( the real deal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have a pdf map of the Cagle camp ground?

Comment

You can go to recreation.gov and put cagle in as the campground and it will bring up everything you need to know about the campground. Can make reservations too.

Comment

Went to a new spot today. 1.5 miles in. Saw 2 does and a coyote. Found 2 new spots that are littered with tracks. I think I might be able to get lucky next weekend.
        Had a Blast and Cast Men's Ministries member come video my hunt. He also filmed my testimony. When he's got it done I'll post it up on FB. Can't wait.
        Had a great day and I think I'm getting excited again.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Good to hear. We all need something that makes us smile.

Comment

Originally posted by ladybluearm View Post
            You can go to recreation.gov and put cagle in as the campground and it will bring up everything you need to know about the campground. Can make reservations too.
            Thanks, but I've been on their site. Not much of a map of the camp ground.

Comment

I'm always excited to get out in the woods

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                Went to a new spot today. 1.5 miles in. Saw 2 does and a coyote. Found 2 new spots that are littered with tracks. I think I might be able to get lucky next weekend.
                Had a Blast and Cast Men's Ministries member come video my hunt. He also filmed my testimony. When he's got it done I'll post it up on FB. Can't wait.
                Had a great day and I think I'm getting excited again.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                Good stuff man excited to see it.

Comment

Cool deal Damian. Can’t wait to see it.

Looks like I’ll be home Friday and will be home for 10 days or so....so that means I’m hunting the Sam almost everyday! And during the rut!!! I’m ridiculously pumped!!! Got three more tags to fill

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                    Cool deal Damian. Can’t wait to see it.

Looks like I’ll be home Friday and will be home for 10 days or so....so that means I’m hunting the Sam almost everyday! And during the rut!!! I’m ridiculously pumped!!! Got three more tags to fill
                    Awesome good luck to ya!!!
                    I still have a couple weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                      How you know when Dmacks on his way to the woods:

[ATTACH]878592[/ATTACH]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-dwmf-wx8VQ
                      Was arguably one of my favorite TV shows growing up.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey everyone, I'm new here and was interested in checking out the SAM.

I was thinking about putting in a small boat at the Scotts Ridge boat ramp and crossing the lake there to hunt the other side. Is there any productive areas in that vicinity or is it better to stick with creek bottoms?

Is this the right place for such a question? I'm really new to the whole public hunting thing and I am hoping to atleast see some animals.

Comment

Originally posted by fishinguy View Post
                          Hey everyone, I'm new here and was interested in checking out the SAM.

I was thinking about putting in a small boat at the Scotts Ridge boat ramp and crossing the lake there to hunt the other side. Is there any productive areas in that vicinity or is it better to stick with creek bottoms?

Is this the right place for such a question? I'm really new to the whole public hunting thing and I am hoping to atleast see some animals.
                          There's a road that dead ends into the lake directly across from scots ridge. 204 i think. Unless you want to put in and go towards the back of that cove and try to cut down on walking way back. It's a busy area, but plenty of deer, if you can find their paths

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I had two does at less than 20 yards they never gave me a clear shot.

Comment

Get it done Reyes!!

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
                                There's a road that dead ends into the lake directly across from scots ridge. 204 i think. Unless you want to put in and go towards the back of that cove and try to cut down on walking way back. It's a busy area, but plenty of deer, if you can find their paths

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I saw that road on Google Earth. I have no idea what the hunter traffic looks like in these areas but I will assume anything close to a road is heavily trafficked. My idea was to go up into one of the coves located further from the road and walk in from there to cut down on crossing other hunters and to cut down on walking distance. I wasn't sure if that "peninsula" would hold game or if it is likely over trafficked.

Comment

Working...
                                X