Camera stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera stand

I needed a way of mounting cameras in my bean fields that would be easy to set up and move. My beans are 5-6 feet tall so a t-post is a little short and a pain to move. This is what I came up with. The camera is 6' high and angle is adjustable. BTW, hogs are not an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks pretty good. I'd fill those bottom pipes with sand
    Nice cart too

Comment

Originally posted by Quanah11 View Post
      That looks pretty good. I'd fill those bottom pipes with sand
      Nice cart too
      Thought about sand or water, but will probably just drill a couple of holes and bend some wire stakes. It's pretty steady on the small cams, but the old, big reconyx is a little much for it

Comment

Mighty fine Redneck Ingenuity!

Comment

I like it, looks good!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Comment

Great idea, dont see why it wont work just fine.

Comment

looks great but how the heck do you get pictures of deer if the beans are 5-6ft tall?

Comment

That's pretty smart. Only thing I see that may be an issue is the wind. Might get a ton of blank photos if it's sways easy. But I'll bet with a schedule 80 pvc it would be golden. If wind is not an issue then it's perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
                  looks great but how the heck do you get pictures of deer if the beans are 5-6ft tall?

Well the beans WERE 6' tall. As they graze them down, they leave random patches and stalks which makes it hard to get distant deer. In a few weeks it may not be a problem

In the photo is a 5' tall cage exclosure. This portion is heavily grazed.

This was a few weeks ago with camera placed in small grazed portion. It shows the wall of beans I'm trying to get above

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you zoom I. on the cage, you can see the top of the wire. These beans look like they would be close to 7' without the deer!

Comment

should work perfectly staked down. i like it

Comment

Nice stand. Nice food plot. THOSE ARE SOME HAPPY DEER IN ALL THAT GREEN!

Comment

Stands didn't work as well as I hoped they would. 1" pvc was a little to flexible. Got several pics I blamed on wind moving the cams.

Comment

What about an 8ft tee post?

Comment

I would use a T post and bigger PVC, not sure but I believe 1 1/2" PVC pipe will slide on to a T post.

Comment

Working...
                              X