Is Sitka hear worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DuckDogTrainer View Post
    The high end mountain gear is worth it. I strongly reccomend checking out Pnuma gear as well. It carries an unconditional lifetime warranty. Even if you tear it crossing a fence!
    I don't believe they will replace ( fix) it if you tear it, under warranty. They won't even cover it if you use an ozone generating devise ( ozonics, or even ozone producing clothing). If a seam fails, yes.

Comment

My take - first lite or kuiu for base layers, as they're just as good. For the outer layers Sitka is tough to beat.

Comment

Rokslide is your friend. Go look over there tons of info

Comment

Sitka and a lot of the others are great quality, I like the fit of First Lite best. There should be some great deals soon from all brands as the get rid of their 2017 lines

Comment

Yes. It is. Kuiu is good. I own both. The Gore Windstopper is only in Sitka. I talked to Kuiu about this. Their answer was wear rain gear over.

Comment

Yes it’s worth it. I shopped all of mine on sale and got it for about Kuiu prices but Sitka has a much better fit. Very well made stuff

Comment

Yes it’s worth it for certain hunting and terrain. I’m decked out in my profile pic. For my boat based bear hunt, I just wore my normal Texas gear but bought a lightweight rain suit from Cabela’s.

Comment

Fellas thanks for the feedback. I’m going to check in to all of your suggestions. Just wanted to make sure this wasn’t just hype and marketing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DuckDogTrainer View Post
                    The high end mountain gear is worth it. I strongly reccomend checking out Pnuma gear as well. It carries an unconditional lifetime warranty. Even if you tear it crossing a fence!
                    2nd the pnuma

Comment

Alaska is a place you DO NOT skimp on rain gear!!

If you get in a bind staying dry could be life or death!

Comment

Looks like camofire will have a few Sitka items on the lineup today.

Comment

From a guy that spends at least 40 days a year in the mountains hunting, it nice but not needed. Any high end clothes will work (unless your worried about being in camo head to toe) Any good stretch hiking pant, 2 base layer merino wool shirts, 2 good socks (that your feet like), 2 sets of boxers (merino wool currently) a puffy, and a rain jack, covers me on all my western bow hunts (CO,WY,NE) Those are backpack hunts normally in the 7-10 days a shot, and thats all I bring. 99% of guys wayyyyy over pack.

With that hunt, I'd me way more worried about the rain gear!

Comment

Originally posted by tradslam View Post
                            From a guy that spends at least 40 days a year in the mountains hunting, it nice but not needed. Any high end clothes will work (unless your worried about being in camo head to toe) Any good stretch hiking pant, 2 base layer merino wool shirts, 2 good socks (that your feet like), 2 sets of boxers (merino wool currently) a puffy, and a rain jack, covers me on all my western bow hunts (CO,WY,NE) Those are backpack hunts normally in the 7-10 days a shot, and thats all I bring. 99% of guys wayyyyy over pack.

With that hunt, I'd me way more worried about the rain gear!
                            This is true several make mountaineering clothing if you’re not stuck on camo. Most are just as expensive and some even more expensive though if you find clothes with all the same traits and materials. I have some Marmot pants I prefer for certain situations.

Comment

I bought Sitka for myself about 5-6 years ago now my daughter is outfitted as well. Can’t say enough good about it. Got most of mine on camofire on sale

Comment

I wonder how those of us that hunted Alaska before Kuiu and Sitka managed to survive?

Comment

Working...
                                X