No announcement yet.

Bitcoin...Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OP, it's a "fun" investment, but I would by no means invest a large portion of savings into it. There are also a lot of ups and downs, so I have left mine in for a while and try my best not to withdraw.

Comment

Originally posted by wloftis View Post
      Coinbase has done just that. Make an account and you can easily buy/sell through their website.
      Gemini is another trading website for Bitcoin and Ethereum.

Comment

Coinbase is pretty easy to use. It's still hard for me to have money in crypto but I'm getting more and more use to it as it makes a profit. I'm always afraid that I'm going to type the decimal in the wrong place and send too much money...lol

Comment

What kind of commission does coinbase take when you use them? Y'all have my interest peaked, and I'm thinking about dabbling a little.

Comment

Originally posted by JANSLEY817 View Post
            What kind of commission does coinbase take when you use them? Y'all have my interest peaked, and I'm thinking about dabbling a little.
            Too much in fees and spread when using Coinbase. However if you use gdax which is Coinbase also, you can trade for zero fees using limit orders. Market orders cost .25 % i think.

Comment

Check out GBTC:OTCQX

Comment

Originally posted by JANSLEY817 View Post
                Bitcoin charges a pretty nominal fee around $5. Coinbase charges a little more, somewhere around $7-8 the last time I cashed out around $500 worth of BTC to USD.

Coinbase is a secure online platform for buying, selling, transferring, and storing cryptocurrency.

The link above will help to get you signed up. I was shocked a couple of weeks ago when Glen Beck said that "Anyone who can should throw a date night's amount of money into Bitcoin" just to see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                  Too much in fees and spread when using Coinbase. However if you use gdax which is Coinbase also, you can trade for zero fees using limit orders. Market orders cost .25 % i think.
                  You'll still need a Coinbase account. Just signed up with GDAX and it's pretty simple to use.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                    The reason why it is doing so good is due to to fiat currencies around the world that got away from the gold standard. Without gold backing a currency, the currency really is only worth the paper it is printed on. There is evidence that the price of gold is being manipulated, keeping it artificially low. Bitcoin has not been manipulated in the same way gold has been manipulated and as I understand there is a set number of bit coins out there and more are not being made. As more people buy bit coin, it’s price increases.
                    Just trying to make sense of this post and pulling out bits and pieces.

The US abandoned the gold standard in 1971. There isn't a single major country in the world using the gold standard anymore and hasn't been for quite some time but the recent run up in bitcoin is due to that? Not likely.

So fiat currency is only worth the paper its printed on but with bitcoin its not even worth a sheet a paper. So buy bitcoin?

The price of gold is being manipulated. What does that have to do with bitcoin? If you want to return to the gold standard and leave a fiat currency then gold manipulation is the very basis on what the gold standard operates on.

You don't think there are ways to manipulate a cryptocurrency? Or create more? You can mine for bitcoins and create more.

As more people buy bitcoin its price increases. Same for any other asset.

This post probably represents 99.9% of bitcoin investors. They don't know what it is, why it exists, or the economics behind it however they buy it because its the latest "investment craze" just like Iraqi Dinars, emus, and Florida condos.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                      You missed the boat. Wish I would've gotten in years ago. Now I can't see myself buying into bitcoin.

Litecoin and Ethereum are the up and comers that you may want to get into.

https://www.coinbase.com/charts
                      I gave it a try, bought one deal of the LTC

Comment

Originally posted by wloftis View Post
                        Coinbase has done just that. Make an account and you can easily buy/sell through their website.
                        Originally posted by rtp View Post
                        Gemini is another trading website for Bitcoin and Ethereum.
                        I'm talking even easier. You guys are saying they made it easy for people who already trade stocks etc. I'm talking making it easy for the average Joe.

It will get there.

Comment

Bitcoin is gaining popularity true, but it is going up based on the interest in it. For those of you purchasing or interested in purchasing bitcoin, could you see yourself buying and selling goods using bitcoin? I think there is a place in the marketplace for bitcoin, on the institutional side where it makes sense as an easy way to exchange currency, however for the individual consumer, I think bitcoin still has a very long and tough stretch ahead to make a dent in the marketplace. On the same token, I think gold is a terrible investment vehicle as well.

Comment

To late you say? BC just hit 10k this morning. How high will it go? How long will it stay there? Dont know but, I can tell you a lot of people that never heard of it are buying now. The more that do the higher it will go....

Comment

sure wish i would have bought bitcoin when i heard about it nearly 3 years ago...at the time it seemed like a high risk that wouldn't take hold...so far its holding.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
                                Just trying to make sense of this post and pulling out bits and pieces.

The US abandoned the gold standard in 1971. There isn't a single major country in the world using the gold standard anymore and hasn't been for quite some time but the recent run up in bitcoin is due to that? Not likely.

So fiat currency is only worth the paper its printed on but with bitcoin its not even worth a sheet a paper. So buy bitcoin?

The price of gold is being manipulated. What does that have to do with bitcoin? If you want to return to the gold standard and leave a fiat currency then gold manipulation is the very basis on what the gold standard operates on.

You don't think there are ways to manipulate a cryptocurrency? Or create more? You can mine for bitcoins and create more.

As more people buy bitcoin its price increases. Same for any other asset.

This post probably represents 99.9% of bitcoin investors. They don't know what it is, why it exists, or the economics behind it however they buy it because its the latest "investment craze" just like Iraqi Dinars, emus, and Florida condos.
                                You just need to do a little research to find out what it really is. Like I mentioned before, I think it's the technology behind it that makes it so valuable.

Right now I'm making a little money playing with it as currency but I think it will eventually develop into so much more. I could have never imagined streaming live content let alone autonomous cars. Yet, here we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X