public land bowhunter in North East TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
    cooper is sleeper, lots of good deer in that county. They offer a draw hunt for the state park that is good also !!! great genetics in that area.
    If I'm not mistaken that's doe only.

Comment

Originally posted by SunsUpGunsUp View Post
      If I'm not mistaken that's doe only.
      Cooper WMA is Archery only 1 buck 2 anterless

Comment

Originally posted by 11B View Post
        I've heard that before I've just never gotten a chance to really put boots on the ground out there. Doesn't help that last time I was out that way I got my wife's vehicle stuck. She was P*SSED and I think I made it worse cause I kept talking about the big group of does out in a field

Stay off Oylers Loop after a rain just FYI
        Good luck at Cooper, but don't over look South Sulphur Unit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

11B, Welcome to the campfire. Pull up a log, have a sit, and stay a while. Lots of good people here. And some great people here. Lots of good info. Lots of comradery here too. I've met and made a lot of great friends here over the last 14 or so years. And you get out of what you put into this sight.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
            Welcome and thanks for your service.
            X2^^^^^

Comment

Welcome to the site! If you want to meet a lot of other bow hunters in the area join the Archers for Christ range nw of Paris off fm 79 on LCR 32500. They have some nice shoots every year.

Comment

Welcome, bro and thank you for your service. If you plan a trip out to Davy Crockett this year let me know. I am thinking about taking a week of leave and heading out there at some point this year.

Comment

Public land game can be a lot of fun. Best bet is to scout, scout, and scout some more. Nothing beats putting in the time in the field scouting before and during the season.
                  Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 08-31-2017, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                    11B, Welcome to the campfire. Pull up a log, have a sit, and stay a while. Lots of good people here. And some great people here. Lots of good info. Lots of comradery here too. I've met and made a lot of great friends here over the last 14 or so years. And you get out of what you put into this sight.

TG The Legend! What are you doin this far north of Whitney [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

11b
                      Dont hesitate to shot me a PM, I went to school at ETSU years ago and have run all through those woods.

Comment

New to the page also! 11B have you done any hunting at pat mayse or cooper yet? I have hunted Mayse 4 times and cooper once so far this year. still nothing down though. Thanks your your service. I was in the Navy myself. know how it is to go somewhere and not know anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by outdoorsnetx View Post
                          New to the page also! 11B have you done any hunting at pat mayse or cooper yet? I have hunted Mayse 4 times and cooper once so far this year. still nothing down though. Thanks your your service. I was in the Navy myself. know how it is to go somewhere and not know anyone.
                          Thanks for your service as well man! I never gone over and hunted cooper, but I have hunted all over pat mayse. I actually shot a doe out there about 2 weeks ago. If you’re ever in the pat mayse area shoot me a message. I’d have no problem trying my best to point you in the right direction for deer.

Comment

Sounds good 11B. went out and changed my SD card today and had a few deer on it. ! blurry buck picture and a few doe. I like seeing that! not hunting this weekend but Will be on corps land somewhere next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by outdoorsnetx View Post
                              Sounds good 11B. went out and changed my SD card today and had a few deer on it. ! blurry buck picture and a few doe. I like seeing that! not hunting this weekend but Will be on corps land somewhere next weekend.
                              Well that’s good man. Yeah, no hunting for me either. Gotta work today and probably won’t have the energy to get out of bed before 8 tomorrow morning ha. Good luck out there

Comment

Working...
                              X