Ideas for javelina hides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas for javelina hides

My son's and I killed some javelina on a trip in January. I saved the hides and I'm having them tanned. Aside from just laying them out on a table are there some creative ideas you guys may have to make something out of them? Pillows? I'm shoulder mounting one with the hide flared out so we have that base covered. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Pillows? Good luck with that partner.....maybe some outdoor mats to clean ur shoes

Comment

Brooms?

Comment

Cover scent wall decor in your deer stand?

Comment

Quiver.

Comment

There was a guy with a ranch near ours that was saving javi hides to make some boots out of. Not sure if he ever did but I wouldn't doubt it. This dude could've been the Dos Equis guy Lol

Comment

Dumpster

Comment

I was gonna say either boots or gloves. Best gloves i ever had were pig skin. Dad gave them to me to help him out when i was like 6. I have my own son now at 26, and they have one nail saized hole at the base of the thumb.

Comment

They make a neat looking vest

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	24543048. The skin is so thin, I don't think the leather would be strong enough for boots or gloves. A rug mount, maybe.
                    Last edited by critter69; 06-19-2018, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HELLRAZOR View Post
                      Pillows? Good luck with that partner.....maybe some outdoor mats to clean ur shoes
                      Funny.

You can use the gland on the back as a tee to practice your drives, if you’re a golfer.

Comment

Rug mount looks Good to me.

Comment

I believe that they used to be trapped to make gloves out of. The hair made pores that supposedly kept your hands cool.

Comment

Originally posted by HELLRAZOR View Post
                            This right here

Comment

Originally posted by M.E.B. View Post
                              I believe that they used to be trapped to make gloves out of. The hair made pores that supposedly kept your hands cool.
                              Interesting.

And, fyi - for those of you who are saying pig / hog hides make great gloves - that may be so, but javelinas are rodents, not swine.

Comment

Working...
                              X