eurasian dove what gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hoss163 View Post
    benjamin airrifle 177 cal all day long in town lol !

all. Day. Long.

Comment

Any good 12 or 20 will work. Buy a gun you can use for other hunts and you enjoy. I shoot tons of eurasians waiting for the geese to come. Number 4 steel makes a similar poof to a .17 HMR.

Comment

Originally posted by stoic View Post
        I think a 10 gauge might be necessary.
        With the longest high brass loads you can find. Number 4 shot or larger hehe

Comment

After you buy yourself a nice shotgun...make sure you use tight chokes.
          I have found that #7 shot and full / improved mod chokes work best for pigeon and euro doves.

Comment

I shoot a Benelli Legacy 28. It is the lightest semiauto 28 on the market. I have been shooting it more than my 12, using it for everything from dove, quail, pheasants and ducks.
            If you want a sweet shooting gun that you can carry all day without even noticing it, look no further. They also make the same shotgun in their Ultralight series that does not have the silver receiver and fancy engraving for less money.
            I like the over and unders and use one for trap but definitely not in the camp of thinking you have to carry an over and under for upland game.

Comment

There is a Browning Model 12 28 ga. Made in the early 90's. has a screw in choke. $725. I think bidding ends today. It's on Gun Broker

Comment

gitcha a SXS in 28... classy!

Comment

I kill them with .177 cal...

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                    Benjamin airrifle 177 cal all day long in town lol !
                    That is illegal

Comment

In town depends on where lol. out of town no. They are considered exotic

Comment

Originally posted by austin.28 View Post
                        That is illegal
                        The smiley face makes me wonder if you are kidding or not but the eurasin collared dove is an unprotected specie. So, its not illegal ....i think....now a pellet gun inside city limits may be. I mean you cam kill as many as you want, when you want, destroy nests, destroy eggs, possess feathers.......not sure why pellet guns would be illegal
                        But i may be wrong

Comment

It's a big dove. I'd move up to number 6 shot, but I do that a lot in my 20 gauge anyway. Whether I'm carrying 12 or 20 gauge depends on the range I expect to be shooting at.

LWD

Comment

I have never hunted them exclusively. Just targets of opportunity
                            But I use a mod/full choke 20 for all my dove and quail. Shells are cheaper and I like my old red label.

BP

Comment

Only the Damascus SxS in the classifieds will do

Comment

Working...
                              X