Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you bring if invited to friends Ranch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I am the same. I do most of the cooking, cleaning, bring a gift, do all I can to help!
    I don't like a mooch, and they get crossed off my list!

Comment

Originally posted by JANKEII View Post
      I really get the meaning of having guest over. Inviting someone over to your vacation place, and not expecting anything. I don't think anyone on the green screen is expecting anything from a guess.
      I also didn't buy a vacation place to have friends come over, and me serve them. That would get old every weekend.
      Its very simple, you need new friends, and I think you should pick me

Comment

I try and bring stuff to eat and cook and help clean or get corn or whatever! Usually grab steaks and some taters or bring my fryer and plenty of crappie or axis backstraps. Will have whiskey and cold beer and plenty of cigars as well. I enjoy cooking so your place or mine I'm liable to psuh you out of the kitchen anyhow!

Comment

Whatever beer they like to drink, whatever whiskey they drink and food fit for fatboys! Clean up, pick up...rinse and repeat.

Comment

Very Nice

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
            Whatever beer they like to drink, whatever whiskey they drink and food fit for fatboys! Clean up, pick up...rinse and repeat.
            I resemble that remark! Well Said,

Comment

Leave the place nicer than you found it !

If drinking adult beverages, DON'T act like a 17 yr old on his first Spring Break - respect the land owner and know your limits.

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                I always bring good food and cook. I will bring whatever beverages the host would enjoy and it’s usyally stuff I know. Good wine or whiskey or a variety of beer. I usually pay something for what I shoot except at my sisters and I would if they would take it. I clean and skin any game that needs it and try to leave the place somehow better than I found it. It’s an honor to be invited somewhere and should be treated that way!
                Bingo.

Comment

You can't just make a blanket statement like this, there are many variables which can take place in a persons life or the life of a ranch in any given year that may prevent them from inviting guest or certain guest back.
                  Originally posted by JHT View Post
                  It's pretty simple.

If someone offers you an invite to their place and they never offer you an invite back its your fault.

We have a good time at our place. But there have been good friends of mine that don't get invited anymore. I am still good friends with all of them. They figured it out.

Comment

I invited a guest one time; that acted as if they ran the place. Saying stuff like "I'm going to this stand," or "im going to kill a big one right here." All this even before the paying members picked their spots. It made for a crappy lease weekend, and I steer far away from this individual on hunting trips now.

Everyone else covered what is expected. Good food, drinks, chairs, and tools. Leave the place better than you found it.

Comment

Honestly, tell the people if it ****** you off. If they don't like it... they can tell you and you can shake hands and don't invite them back. Pretty easy, and honestly how it should be.

Comment

I always bring extra beer/whiskey, usually provide at least 1 meal, and never show up without tools and work clothes. Don't create work for someone else, ie pick up after yourself. If we're fixing fence, I fix the most fence. If we're filling feeders, I haul the most corn. Etc

Antelope, and nilgai invites call for a little extra...Brute Cooler, Disc Cooker, good Scotch, etc...

Comment

Strippers

Comment

The recurring guests at our ranch all have the same things in common: they always ask what to bring, are always eager to help with any chores or anything that pops up, and help clean everything before leaving.

The people that don't get the invite are usually just very lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                              Strippers
                              What weekends are you free to come out to hunt my place? ha ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                                You can't just make a blanket statement like this, there are many variables which can take place in a persons life or the life of a ranch in any given year that may prevent them from inviting guest or certain guest back.

Your looking way too deep into my post.

In a nutshell if your a guy who thinks your surrounded with a bunch of jerks your usually the jerk.

Get it?

Comment

Working...
                                X