Surprise on Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
    Very nice! Really like the broadside buck in pic 3.
    I agree and the one in the foreground would be on the "If you shoot this deer you get a full power kick to the sack" list.

Comment

Those are very nice surprises!

Comment

Yes sir.

Comment

I guess that's in Medina County? I used to hunt that area near the reservoir. Never saw anything nearly that good there.

Comment

They're amazing animals, sometimes I think they live off the dew in the morning and rocks for breakfast

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                I guess that's in Medina County? I used to hunt that area near the reservoir. Never saw anything nearly that good there.
                Yes, Medina county. I'm sure it's due to having just about the most ideal neighbors I could have asked for. Large properties, only two touch the circumference of my border. One neighbor almost never shot anything except hogs, and the other doesn't over harvest. I usually only shoot one per year. My land has good cover and a lot of browse variety. No cows. Put a hog proof fence around the tank/pond (which is one of the only water sources in a square mile) to keep hogs out and their population is only a fifth of what it used to be. Presence of deer rebounded in the couple of years that followed. Averages about 26/27" of rainfall per year.
                Last edited by Longue Carabine; 08-09-2018, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Nice bucks

Comment

Very nice bucks! I’d run an arrow through any of those dudes.

Comment

Nice bucks

Comment

Lookin good, good luck

Comment

Nice bucks. Good luck

Comment

Nothing about this sucks for sure. Congrats on some nice deer....hopefully they will hang around for you.

Comment

Looks like you have good neighbors! Enjoy and return the favor when you can. We feed a lot of protein, do food plots and pass on young and middle aged bucks on our place. We have gotten to know a few neighbors pretty good. We have somewhat of the same outlook on deer harvest and share photos of a lot of the same deer. For some reason inferior bucks have become top priority to harvest. Although the kids rules are not as strict, especially on first bucks. We have some pretty decent deer running around for our area. At this point our culls are hunted pretty hard and darned hard to harvest, but the deer we wan/t to leave are regulars. Good luck this season!

Comment

Nice ones

Comment

Working...
                                X