The Backcountry Gear Thread!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
    Ooooooh!!!! I want a pair of the B2's pretty badly! Did you get a tripod to mount those on?
    Yes I got the tripod mount. I have a set of 9x45 B2s currently and they are really nice.. I had Razor Hds before that and the Mavens are in a different class.. They are much better glass..

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
      I may or may not have had a few beers tonight and ordered these bad boys [emoji849]

15x56 blackouts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I am jealous. I want to jump on the Maven train in a bad way, but its just not in the budget for this year.

Comment

I’ve be really happy with the Sitka Camo I bought. BUT... thinking seriously about switching to Kuiu.

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
          I’ve be really happy with the Sitka Camo I bought. BUT... thinking seriously about switching to Kuiu.

I wouldn't switch if you are already covered, there really isn't anything to gain from the switch.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
            I am jealous. I want to jump on the Maven train in a bad way, but its just not in the budget for this year.

They are great glass and I get a really good deal on them so I decided I need to take advantage of it.

Comment

They are great glass and I get a really good deal on them so I decided I need to take advantage of it.

Yeah, a friend of a friend had some at the range the other day. I was impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
                I wouldn't switch if you are already covered, there really isn't anything to gain from the switch.

That’s good to know. I like the Sitka camo pattern better anyway. I noticed a lot of guides in Alaska and folks that work/live in the outdoors wear a lot of Kuiu. Just google Alaska hunting guides and look at all the pics. Most of them are in Kuiu. My guide in Alaska swore that it’s better than Sitka so it had me thinking. I’m not outdoors enough to really make a difference probably.

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
                  That’s good to know. I like the Sitka camo pattern better anyway. I noticed a lot of guides in Alaska and folks that work/live in the outdoors wear a lot of Kuiu. Just google Alaska hunting guides and look at all the pics. Most of them are in Kuiu. My guide in Alaska swore that it’s better than Sitka so it had me thinking. I’m not outdoors enough to really make a difference probably.

Performance is same. Kuiu is cheaper but Sitka is more consistent with fit and quality IMO. Have some of both

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                    Performance is same. Kuiu is cheaper but Sitka is more consistent with fit and quality IMO. Have some of both

That’s what I needed to know. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                      No. I was there three weeks ago scouting (Gunnison that is). I had a black bear ~250 lbs, within 75 yards of me. I ran him off just by making him aware of my presence.

Carry bear spray if you are worried, but my opinion is it's just extra weight. I definitely wouldn't carry a pistol if you are trying to be "ultralight".

Never felt the need to carry in black bear country. I have encountered them several times and as stated above if they are aware of your presence they will usually run off. I always hang my food away from camp and keep it clean. Carrying in Grizzly country is probably a different story

Comment

So after some more research and after reading this article.

GOHUNT empowers hunters with the tools, technology, gear, and resources they need to get the most out of their time in the field.

I decided to change my maven order to a set of 12x56.

Comment

So after some more research and after reading this article.

GOHUNT empowers hunters with the tools, technology, gear, and resources they need to get the most out of their time in the field.

I decided to change my maven order to a set of 12x56.

I would of stuck with 15x’s. The best rifle bino in my opinion, I keep hoping Lecia will expand the geo HD line to 15x, probably be the last bino I ever buy

I also have the 11x42 b2 and my wife was 10x42 c2’s.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                            I would of stuck with 15x’s. The best rifle bino in my opinion, I keep hoping Lecia will expand the geo HD line to 15x, probably be the last bino I ever buy

I also have the 11x42 b2 and my wife was 10x42 c2’s.

Lol I don’t own a rifle with a scope so I don’t need a rifle Bino haha

Comment

Lol I don’t own a rifle with a scope so I don’t need a rifle Bino haha

I should of said all around from STX to Highplains to Northern Idaho.

I run 11x with the peg tripod mount and like them, but when the guy w/15’s next to you says can you see that back forks on that buck...holy... and you reply no but his frame looks decent.... kind of defeating.

I only bring bino’s on Deer and pronghorn hunts. I got a call for elk

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                                I should of said all around from STX to Highplains to Northern Idaho.

I run 11x with the peg tripod mount and like them, but when the guy w/15’s next to you says can you see that back forks on that buck...holy... and you reply no but his frame looks decent.... kind of defeating.

I only bring bino’s on Deer and pronghorn hunts. I got a call for elk

I got ya. I’m gonna buy a spotter around Christmas. Basically I’ll either run my 9x45 and a spotter or my 12x56 and a spotter

Comment

Working...
                                X