No announcement yet.

99 Year Old WW2 Combat Veteran!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple weeks after this thread was posted, I saw him come and take his spot at this table. I had told my son and my buddy about this thread and that I wanted to meet him. Sure enough, he came in and I was able to pay him a quick visit, and thank him for his service. I also told him about this thread. Of course he had no idea what a "thread" was. I tried to explain with the help of a waitress that knows him and was overhearing our conversation. We just ended up telling him he was famous on the internet and that he deserved any and every bit of fame that comes his way. It was really cool to meet the man. There aren't very many like him left.

Comment

I wish their more stories like this on our news channels, instead of Murders and Crime.
      But then who would want to hear about someone being 99 from a long ago war that most Millinum babies do not even know about.
      God Bless Harry and your Son.

Comment

Update on Mr Harry

Stopped in the Koffee Kup restaurant today and asked about Mr Harry. They said he has been sick for several weeks with either Sinus Infection or Pneumonia. Please say a prayer for him this weekend. They thought he was improving but still too weak to come to the restaurant. GOD BLESS all our service members, present and passed on!!

Comment

Thats awesome to get the opportunity to meet such a great american! I have gotten that honor only once so far. That wasnt just service didnt just help keep america safe, but helped the world!

Comment

Prayers sent for Mr. Harry. I hope he gets to feeling better and can be found back at the Koffee Kup.

Comment

RIP Mr Harry Leroy Phenis

Mr Harry passed on August 8, 2017. He was born March 15, 1917 and was over 100 years old at passing. His wife, Elise, had preceded him in death in 2000.

I stopped at the Koffee Kup in Hico today, August 11th and asked about Mr Harry. The waitress had tears in her eyes when she showed me his funeral notice on the register counter. Attached is a copy of the notice.

Several of us had the great honor and privilege of talking to Mr Harry in recent months. I don't know the exact cause of his death but he had been hospitalized for breathing problems back in May.

If you haven't already, I encourage you to start at the beginning of this thread and read a little about Mr Harry. He was a true HERO.

Rest In Peace SIR!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Tejas Wildlife; 08-11-2017, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Great day in My book! My son is in Basic right now and we have a sign in the yard saying we are Army Proud. The man that delivered our pizza a few nights ago saw it and said to tell him thanks for his service.
                Turns out he joined at 19 yrs old and was sent straight to Vietnam for 2 tours. He was so excited to see a family support and be proud of our military and thanked me for raising a son who understands the importance and role our military plays.
                I told him it was an honor to have met him and thanked him for his service. We both left with big smiles on our faces. Sorry to hear about Mr Harry's passing.

Comment

Nice Post!

Comment

I remember reading this thread when it first started. Sad to see one of the greats pass. Funeral is today. Sending one up for Mr. Harry!

Comment

I'm glad I read this thread! Rest In Peace Mr. Harry, wish I could have met you.

Comment

RIP, Mr. Harry. It was anot honor to have been in your company one time, Sir.

This is the loss of national treasure. There aren't many of these guys left.

Comment

If this isn't the best thread on here I don't remember which one is. Thank you for sharing this incredible experience with a living legend. God bless all our troops! RIP Sir.

Comment

Just now seeing this... dang. Mr.Harry sounds like a true stand up guy for helping out those kids like that. RIP Sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

RIP Mr. Harry.

Comment

May he rest in Peace

Comment

Working...
                                X