No announcement yet.

Mass Shooter Correlation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I long wondered if these mind altering drugs docs hand out like candy are not a contributing factor if not the sole factor. There have been documented studies if you personally ask for a specific brand you saw advertised the vast majority of the time they are going to prescribe it for you, the TV commercials need to be outlawed IMO!

Comment

One ever think parents these days are lazy and/or too liberal and don't believe in "Spare the rod, spoil the child"?

When I was a boy we all got over our problems/issues by learning to cope. Sure it was hard for some but in the end it works great. Now it's just instantly put them on happy drugs. Why learn to cope?

It's a combo of lots of things. Drugs, stupid/lazy parents, lack of morals etc... The bad parents part also includes too many video game hours which leads to a lack of people skills. And a few other things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
        Tough case to make, as those meds are one of the first treatments for a variety of "mental illnesses," some of which are fairly common and "normal." If you say you don't feel good or have negative thoughts, you get a SSRI.

So are they shooters because of the meds? Not likely IMO. They're on the meds because they aren't thinking right.
        I'm not a doctor by any means and have certainly not looked into it at depth, but I think you missed the point. I don't agree or disagree because I truly don't know, but big pharm is fishy at best.

Comment

Someone in the comments of the article link referenced pointed out a fallacy of correlation versus causation as far as psychotropic drugs and mass shooting is concerned. Not saying drugs necessarily "cause" the shootings. However, there is a definite smoke/fire type correlation.

I also know personally of people who have had teen children suffer drastic psychological consequences (become suicidal) very quickly after beginning some of these drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            One ever think parents these days are lazy and/or too liberal and don't believe in "Spare the rod, spoil the child"?
            What'ca Talkin Bout Willis??
            Ain't you ever heard of "Time Out"??

Comment

These drugs absolutely have play a role in many past killings. Someone mentioned a review of past shootings and all the shooters were on some type of mind altering drug prescriptions.
              I saw the same thing. It also mentioned many kids who only killed friends of siblings and parents. One really good kid by all as counts was placed on a drug and days later killed his sister for no reason. Another killed his dad. Several were taken off the drugs cold turkey after months and they killed.
              Bottom line is. These drugs should only be prescribed in the absolute worst case scenarios not like candy to help little Johnny cope with homework.

Comment

Originally posted by bcmuzzy View Post
                A good a** whooping goes a long way in preventing a Dr. From prescribing drugs for unruly kids that parents don’t discipline.
                x1000

Comment

Originally posted by bcmuzzy View Post
                  A** whippings cured nearly all mental illnesses in my day!
                  Yes sir! The thing that kept me out of trouble the most when I was a kid was the fear of what my dad would do to my hind end if'n he found out. Also getting a spanking at school was a sure sentence to get an even worse one when I got home.

Comment

When I was a boy we all got over our problems/issues by learning to cope. Sure it was hard for some but in the end it works great. Now it's just instantly put them on happy drugs. Why learn to cope?

It's a combo of lots of things. Drugs, stupid/lazy parents, lack of morals etc... The bad parents part also includes too many video game hours which leads to a lack of people skills. And a few other things.
                    I definitely agree with that! Our society in general has lost the ability to cope with emotions correctly. It's why you see so many turn to alcohol when they're stressed or depressed, rather than dealing with their issues the right way.

Comment

ACTIONS = CONSEQUENCES

This has been missing from the child raising metric for decades.
                      Drugging your children to make them easier to raise is a huge cop out. As hyperactive and adhd as I was/am, thank God my parents were not the type to drug, and delivered discipline in measured doses to me and my siblings. I took a long time for me to learn to use ADD to better myself, instead of holding me back. If any of your children have this, learn yourself, and help them learn to live with it, and learn to use it to their advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                        ACTIONS = CONSEQUENCES

This has been missing from the child raising metric for decades.
                        Drugging your children to make them easier to raise is a huge cop out. As hyperactive and adhd as I was/am, thank God my parents were not the type to drug, and delivered discipline in measured doses to me and my siblings. I took a long time for me to learn to use ADD to better myself, instead of holding me back. If any of your children have this, learn yourself, and help them learn to live with it, and learn to use it to their advantage.
                        People should but they won't. Everyone is now taught that they are special. They really believe their kid is special and their kid is the one that really needs the drugs.

Comment

Just remember that not many drugs out are meant to cure anything only to make symptoms lesser. There is no money in any cure! As most things follow the money and you will find the real problem!

Comment

That’s the elephant in the room that nobody wants to address because it would take admitting one failed as a parent. Sometimes you need to bust your kids *** instead of drugging them for being *******s, sometimes you need to tell them you suck at this and don’t deserve a trophy, sometimes you need to take phone.. PlayStation and other devices away. Sometimes you need to make them get off their *** and do chores. Coddling and wanting to be their bestfriend isn’t doing them a favor. All the time be their Parent

Comment

It’s probably something really simple that each one shares. If I had to bet it would be that they couldn’t get laid in a whorehouse with a pocket full of cash.

Comment

Working...
                              X