No announcement yet.

Craziest sleeping set up at the lease.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve slept in all kinds of makeshift structures over the years. Buses, barns, sheds, refrigeration trailer, pickup truck, an old box van, and an old 19th century stone building with a canvas tarp for a roof.

One of the neatest was an old tin grain silo that had been converted to a simple living quarters.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Walk in cooler converted into a cabin...windows, carpet, etc.

Could be 20 degrees outside and a lightbulb would warm up inside.

Comment

Back of an AMC pacer
        [emoji16]

Comment

Back of a suburban.

Comment

On a boarded trailer! Rough sleep, if I even got any

Comment

Slept many nights in the back of my truck on an air mattress backed under one of those quick shade canopies. Can see my bed in this pic

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Just sleep in dis comfy canvas now

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                  Slept many nights in the back of my truck on an air mattress backed under one of those quick shade canopies. Can see my bed in this pic

Nice turkey retriever..

Comment

Not at a Deer lease but I lived in a 66' Ford School bus for 3 years. Sold it to a buddy that cut the front end off and welded a gooseneck on the front and lived in it while working in Dallas. He towed it back to Madisonville to a Deer lease where I hear it has been for the last 20 years. A lot of good memories in that old thing.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Not at deer camp but at the beach, I think it was sharkathon circa 2010. When I have lines out at night I usually camp out on top of the rack I have mounted to the top of my burb. I'll throw therma rest and sleeping bag if the bugs aren't too bad.

Had a crew there with me that trip and some of the guys were sleeping inside the burb and some in tents. Woke up to my buddy tugging at my foot, he was asking "you gonna sleep up there?". Kinda in a daze, I told him "ya, quit bugging me". He said, "even in this storm?". I said, "what storm?" He point up the beach, just about that time a lightning bolt strikes what appears to be a hundred yards or so away. Yikes, I got down and slept on a lawn chair under a canopy til the storm passed.

Comment

Refrigerator trailer, it could be 10 degrees outside and you could let the window unit heater run for about 30 minutes and turn it off for the rest of the night and be good to go. Other than that in an old barn on some pallets and an air mattress, it sure was a wake up call when that storm blew in and those sliding doors started banging around!

Comment

A concrete 2 story farm house. Covered porch front and back with a balcony on the second floor. Full kitchen, dining room/living room and bathroom with stand up shower. Central air and heat. Storage building right next to it. Sleeps 10 upstairs . Even has a storm cellar. Ya! It's crazy!

Comment

In 1986 / 1987 in the back of an 86 Camry hatchback in 12 degree weather with my dad..............
                            Last edited by Johnny Dangerr; 05-09-2018, 07:03 PM.

Comment

500 barrel oil storage tank. steam cleaned and painted.

+

Comment

Old caboose outside of Bandera

My boys and I just loved this place. You could sit on the toilet and take a shower at the same time
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X