DO NOT come through Lake Charles headed East on I -10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DO NOT come through Lake Charles headed East on I -10

They are working in the East bound side of the bridge, and it's down to one lane over the bridge.
    2-10 is just as bad.
    Traffic is and will be backed up past Sulfer LA.
    You been warned.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sounds like the construction has the loop around LC backed up too due to increased traffic. Whats an alternate route, 190? I need to head west to Orange from Lafayette.

Maybe Blake can chime in...

Comment

West bound isn't too bad . Once you get over the bridge and past the 210 exit it flows good again untill these no driving LA folks bang into each other [emoji16]

Comment

I head Captain Mickey talking about it this morning on the Outdoor show. How long is it going to be like that?

Comment

If you catch it in the off hours it's not bad at all. I went in to Lake Charles today just timed it right. Got into town about 9:30 AM with no issues, and could have kept traveling east without slow down. Headed back home to Texas at 12:30 and never slowed up until Baytown. Had to take 10 today instead of 105 for work reasons.

Now if you hit it during prime time hours it is something awful from what my friends/family say. It's been taking my dad 45 minutes to cover the same stretch that usually takes 15. Construction supposed to last 4 months, so we can count on 8 months surely. haha

Comment

There's a little blacktop Road that will take you along the coast all the way to the TX./La. line, but I wouldn't recommend it, we found it several years ago when a barge ran into a bridge closing down our return route back to Lake Charles. Maybe it's still there, this was a good many years ago, there's been a few hurricanes since then.

Comment

Originally posted by Drop Tine View Post
              If you catch it in the off hours it's not bad at all. I went in to Lake Charles today just timed it right. Got into town about 9:30 AM with no issues, and could have kept traveling east without slow down. Headed back home to Texas at 12:30 and never slowed up until Baytown. Had to take 10 today instead of 105 for work reasons.

Now if you hit it during prime time hours it is something awful from what my friends/family say. It's been taking my dad 45 minutes to cover the same stretch that usually takes 15. Construction supposed to last 4 months, so we can count on 8 months surely. haha
              My neighbor works at the new LNG plant in Hackberry and told me it was a 2 year long project

WAZE app and checking out the live cameras on 511la.org will give you real time traffic situations. 190 is definitely an option

FWIW - the I-10 bridge over Lake Charles is one of the most unsafe bridges in the US. Repairs and structural fixes are long overdue
              Last edited by Cajun Blake; 03-09-2018, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                They are working in the East bound side of the bridge, and it's down to one lane over the bridge.
                2-10 is just as bad.
                Traffic is and will be backed up past Sulfer LA.
                You been warned.

Yep! 5 months worth

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
                  I head Captain Mickey talking about it this morning on the Outdoor show. How long is it going to be like that?
                  Presently 5 months, from the I10 bridge and all overpasses to either Enterprise Blvd or Opelousas St.

Fellas I work with, it takes them 2 hours to get home from Hackberry

Comment

TTT

Comment

Trying to keeps this bumped.
                      Hope it'll save someone some time.

Comment

Normally how bad will traffic be on a wed around 2-3pm timeframe be?

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                          Normally how bad will traffic be on a wed around 2-3pm timeframe be?
                          Bad, backed up more than what it is now on the map.

Comment

Sunday bump

Comment

Just went throuh wasn’t bad

Comment

Working...
                              X