• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is happening tomorrow

Comment

crawfish

Originally posted by ETXBow View Post
      Wouldn't it be easier to put the slurry in another pot so you can just drop the whole basket in it? That way after soaking, you just lift out the basket with all the crawfish in it. Looks like it would be a pain in the arse to be dipping them out of the slurry cooler just to put back in another cooler.

Please give me some input on this step.
      2nd on this info!

Comment

So when do you add the corn, potatoes and mushrooms? Or did I miss something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas89 View Post
          So when do you add the corn, potatoes and mushrooms? Or did I miss something

I add the corn and mushrooms to the slurry when I put the crawfish in to let soak. Potatoes are cooked prior to that and placed in the slurry as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            Yes
            For 3 days?

Lots of salt, right?[/QUOTE]

Salt = Purge = DEAD Crawfish...... No need to purge, crawfish DO NOT throw up!! Clean them is a better term to use. Last year, I cooked over 90,000LBS of crawfish. U can do them anyway you like, as long as you like them.. We all have different ways of getting to a good finished product.

Comment

Tagged.

Comment

ready to try this!

Comment

60 lbs of mud bugs getting done this weekend! Looks like I have a new method to try! Just curious, how much seasoning should one use for 60 lbs in the "soak" method and do they get hotter the longer they are in the "bath"

Comment

interesting. I don't get many opportunities to boil.

Comment

I'm sorry, but for the very best, you need to put the seasoning in the water. The ten best batches of crawfish that I've ever eaten were done that way, and that's how I do it. I really don't see a down side to it. People in Louisiana laugh at the sprinkling seasoning over the top of already cooked crawfish. All you're doing is getting the seasoning on your hands and that is getting on the tails as you peel them.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                        I'm sorry, but for the very best, you need to put the seasoning in the water. The ten best batches of crawfish that I've ever eaten were done that way, and that's how I do it. I really don't see a down side to it. People in Louisiana laugh at the sprinkling seasoning over the top of already cooked crawfish. All you're doing is getting the seasoning on your hands and that is getting on the tails as you peel them.
                        I think you misunderstand the process. Boil in clean water, then dump them into the slurry of seasonings and let them soak in that. No sprinkling seasoning on top of the crawfish.

But as meatcutter said...lots of ways to prepare them to get to a good end result.

Comment

Have you ever eaten them using this exact method?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            I put the seasonings in the water, bring it to a rolling boil, put the bugs in, bring it back to a boil for 5 minutes, then put ice in it to stop the cooking, stir and let them soak for at least 20 minutes. I will put mine against anyone's. The two biggest mistakes that people make is overcooking them and underseasoning. You shouldn't add cayenne until you put the crawfish in. You can cook the hot right out of the cayenne. The reason that restaurants can't get it right is that they don't clean them, underseason, and they keep using the same crappy, dirty water all ****ed day.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              I put the seasonings in the water, bring it to a rolling boil, put the bugs in, bring it back to a boil for 5 minutes, then put ice in it to stop the cooking, stir and let them soak for at least 20 minutes. I will put mine against anyone's. The two biggest mistakes that people make is overcooking them and underseasoning. You shouldn't add cayenne until you put the crawfish in. You can cook the hot right out of the cayenne. The reason that restaurants can't get it right is that they don't clean them, underseason, and they keep using the same crappy, dirty water all ****ed day.
                              But you didn't answer AC's question?

Comment

Originally posted by Breezy View Post
                                i have ever had ! our bud did two sacks last night at a annual chili fest cook off down here near corpus. 5 gallons hot water, 5 lbs. of seasoning that he gets from a place in Katy and 1 gallon of mustard. mix it all up and put in a big cooler. he boiled bugs in clean clear plain water and dumped in the mixture when done. let them soak for 20-30 mins then eat. holy cow was it good. never have heard of it being done like this but its the only way i want it done from now on. that good ! boiled potatoes, mushroom and corn as well.
                                resurrecting this old fella because its finna go down this weekend at Casa de salth2o.

Comment

Working...
                                X