Please Don't Call it The "Master Bedroom" Anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Don't Call it The "Master Bedroom" Anymore

Good job America. Homebuilders are phasing out 'Master Bedroom' in favor of 'Owner's Suite' because the original is flat out just too racist. Friggin Idiots

Looking for a spacious master bedroom in your new house? No you most certainly are not, you racist, sexist bigot. This is the future of political correctness, according to a report in the Baltimore Business Journal. Homebuilders are scrapping the term “master” to describe a home or apartment’s largest bedroom in floor plans. “Owner’s suite”

This is true. I have not noticed it before. But I deal with builder blue prints every day. They are noted as owners suite AND owners bath

Comment

silly stuff, the "racist" part of master bedroom never even crossed my mind

Comment

Lolololol like owner is different than master. Pretty sure they were the slaves owner also. Stupid. Next it'll be tenants suite

Comment

You all know the real situation, it is the Queen"s room all the way, that is unless you have not figured out who the real master of the house is.
          Roy
          I would say Mistress but that could possibly get those married in trouble trying to explain that.

Comment

Well heck...might as well call up the universities and tell them that they can no longer offer a Master's Degree *racist*

locksmiths can no longer make master keys *clearly racist*

master of ceremonies *don't get me started on that one*

masterpiece *out...just terrible*

master plan *can't believe they missed that one...clearly demeaning and racist*

Comment

Not me. I sleep in the master bedroom and when i wake up, Ill go to Pep Boys and buy a slave cylinder for my vehicle.

Comment

Master mechanic...*badbadbad*

Comment

This is almost so stupid its funny. Never even thought of it as being racist

Comment

Ownerbating dont sound right either...
                    Last edited by Possum Fat; 04-18-2013, 05:52 PM. Reason: .

Comment

This country is really starting to suck on the PC level.

It never even crossed my mind that there could be a racist angle with that. I've owned my own home for 15 years and never considered the master bedroom anything more than the parents' or owners of the house's room.....and the use of suite in a home is stupid.

Comment

uugggghhhhh....

Comment

The way I work to pay for this place they ought to call it the slave quarters.

Comment

So...... this is completely stupid... that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                              The way I work to pay for this place they ought to call it the slave quarters.

LMAO...

Comment

Working...
                              X