No announcement yet.

Pressured Deer Are EASY To Pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GarGuy...if I ever get over to Crockett area, I want to come by just to shake your hand. I like your style, sir

P.S. Save the PM's explaining how I need to be careful blah blah blah...I've drawn my own conclusions thanks

Comment

This last story is pretty hard to believe. I mean to dream up a deer that big is almost pure insanity. Kind of like a giant 13pt that traveled several miles and ended up getting killed in a different county than the one that another TBH'r was hunting. Or an 80 year old man killing a ~180" deer way into December in Leon Co. Even an impossibly big typical that's life was spared due to a X bow malfunction and killed a week later almost 20mi always by a little girl during youth season. Especially ~230" non-typical that dropped his horns in December and the sheds were later found an mounted... All of those "unreal" stories have been proven in this thread if you care to read and look.

I also heard the story a few times in person about this giant 8x8 with unbelievable trash. I heard it well after Steve and I had become good friends. I didn't believe it the first time, and still have a hard time grabbing ahold of it. At least until I hear Steve's dad tell the story totally unprovoked.

There isn't a reasonable man on the planet that could look David Barclay in the eye after knowing him for any length of time and call him a liar.

Was this deer a 230-250" typical with ~40" of extras? I have no idea. I've never seen the picture. What I know is when a man that's killed a 180+ and has a son that's killed a 180+, and has a son in law that's killed a 190+ shakes his head and says, "He was the biggest deer I could ever dream of." There's reason to believe this deer was incredible. I'm not going to debate a score on a deer that I didn't see, I'm going to try and picture this deer in my own mind.

It's amazing that when someone jiggles the light switch cockroaches swarm. When the Internet becomes your life... Publicly being an *** to make people like themselves laugh and poke to make themselves feel like a bad ***... That's sad.

I for one enjoy the stories. I've enjoyed being a part of several that have been written. I look forward to being a part of ones that will be written in the future.

Comment

[QUOTE=jooger17;10966343]This last story is pretty hard to believe. I mean to dream up a deer that big is almost pure insanity. Kind of like a giant 13pt that traveled several miles and ended up getting killed in a different county than the one that another TBH'r was hunting. Or an 80 year old man killing a ~180" deer way into December in Leon Co. Even an impossibly big typical that's life was spared due to a X bow malfunction and killed a week later almost 20mi always by a little girl during youth season. Especially ~230" non-typical that dropped his horns in December and the sheds were later found an mounted... All of those "unreal" stories have been proven in this thread if you care to read and look.

I also heard the story a few times in person about this giant 8x8 with unbelievable trash. I heard it well after Steve and I had become good friends. I didn't believe it the first time, and still have a hard time grabbing ahold of it. At least until I hear Steve's dad tell the story totally unprovoked.

There isn't a reasonable man on the planet that could look David Barclay in the eye after knowing him for any length of time and call him a liar.

Was this deer a 230-250" typical with ~40" of extras? I have no idea. I've never seen the picture. What I know is when a man that's killed a 180+ and has a son that's killed a 180+, and has a son in law that's killed a 190+ shakes his head and says, "He was the biggest deer I could ever dream of." There's reason to believe this deer was incredible. I'm not going to debate a score on a deer that I didn't see, I'm going to try and picture this deer in my own mind.

It's amazing that when someone jiggles the light switch cockroaches swarm. When the Internet becomes your life... Publicly being an *** to make people like themselves laugh and poke to make themselves feel like a bad ***... That's sad.

I for one enjoy the stories. I've enjoyed being a part of several that have been written. I look forward to being a part of ones that will be written in the future.[/QUOTE

Great post

Comment

Pressured Deer Are EASY To Pattern

Originally posted by RUM Mann View Post
          Apparently 12 in g5s must be common on big bucks huh ragin? I guess I just have never seen a big buck

. I thought you was referring to a different buck that was killed.
          Last edited by JW; 01-10-2016, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
            I have opened this thread for the first time this afternoon, and except for eating supper, read it straight through. I am simply amazed at three things.

First: The obvious expertise of a guy that actually hunts for deer ( with the pile of racks and the pics to prove it )

Second: The unselfishness to share his methods with total strangers and sharing his blind with youngsters

Third: The unmitigated stupidity of some of these keyboard cowboys who probably can't tell a mature buck from a jack@ss.

well said sir!

it's nothing but envy and jealousy coupled with just being a jack wagon!
            carry on steve, i enjoy the stories

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
              This last story is pretty hard to believe. I mean to dream up a deer that big is almost pure insanity. Kind of like a giant 13pt that traveled several miles and ended up getting killed in a different county than the one that another TBH'r was hunting. Or an 80 year old man killing a ~180" deer way into December in Leon Co. Even an impossibly big typical that's life was spared due to a X bow malfunction and killed a week later almost 20mi always by a little girl during youth season. Especially ~230" non-typical that dropped his horns in December and the sheds were later found an mounted... All of those "unreal" stories have been proven in this thread if you care to read and look.

I for one enjoy the stories. I've enjoyed being a part of several that have been written. I look forward to being a part of ones that will be written in the future.
              Amen. Thank you for bringing the Raid.

Comment

I have stories I just don't talk about, because if I did... people would think I was lying.

Would rather keep my mouth shut about the truth than have people be suspicious of my integrity.

Comment

Aren't you contradicting yourself? I'm not trying to troll here, just making an observation. You, and a few others here, basically consider it blasphemous to even question the legitimacy of the claim made by GarGuy. And yet, in your own post, you state twice that you yourself did not believe him the first time he told you the story. This is after you had made friends with him and at least had that benefit, as most of us have never met Steve Barclay. Tell me what the difference is between you doubting that your friend is telling the truth and some of us doubting that a complete stranger is telling the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
                    Aren't you contradicting yourself? I'm not trying to troll here, just making an observation. You, and a few others here, basically consider it blasphemous to even question the legitimacy of the claim made by GarGuy. And yet, in your own post, you state twice that you yourself did not believe him the first time he told you the story. This is after you had made friends with him and at least had that benefit, as most of us have never met Steve Barclay. Tell me what the difference is between you doubting that your friend is telling the truth and some of us doubting that a complete stranger is telling the truth.

You are being a troll and you know it, but I'll bite. The difference is I didn't publicly call him out behind the protection of a computer screen. I couldn't possibly care less if you believe anyone or not. What I don't like is a group of trolls that have followed this thread from the beginning with no other intentions except for what they're doing right now, and you are one of them.

It's the complete lack of respect that's running ramped amongst you guys that blows my mind. Maybe if y'all had grown up here instead of closer to those big cities you would have been taught a little more about respect. Either by your parents, or by someone you popped off to. Too late for the first part, I'd like to be around when the second part happens. Here's the bet though... I bet you $100 to a hole in a donut that none of you Heroes would act the way you do here when you're face to face. That is all, go back under your bridge and wait on a billy goat.

Comment

If you have spent any time on here and gotten to know gar guy like I do, you would believe this story to being very close to if not exactly accurate. If you don't know him like I do, then didn't your momma teach you to keep your mouth shut? If she didnt, I'm surprised another man never has.

And you know how well I know gar guy....well I've never met him in person, never talked to him on the phone, only been on here long enough to know that I believe him to be an honest man who is very generous. Would you believe it if I told you he went to help unstick another tbh'er, stuck his truck, and tractor or had to go get a tractor to get the guy on tbh, and himself, it took all day, and he didn't accept any payment. Well he did. Call him a liar about that. Brutal

Comment

I'm out on this whole deal. I've kept my mouth shut for a while for sake of keeping the thread going. Not for me. I can get the stories anytime I want them right along side some exotic jelly and home made sausage biscuits. There's way more stories that need to be told. So I'm staying out of it. I read stuff on here all the time that I don't believe. I don't jump on a man's thread and call him a liar. Where I'm from, you call a man a liar you'd better be ready to prove it, whoop his ***, or both. Not in www land. You get to be as big of an idiot as you want and gather 5 or 6 out of 20,000 or so that believe the way you do. Y'all realize your percentage is about equal to those skinny boys running around with a rainbow flag a lipstick a few months ago right? Come to think of it, your actions are about the same too. None of my business. I'm pro choice. See y'all later.

Comment

If some of y'all don't care to chase huge deer. And mybe learn something that could help in that prosses then bye all means stay off this thread.
                          I don't know Garguy from Adam. But I will tell y'all one thing he has been consistent in his killing good deer for a long time so I am going to listen. I don't care who you are or what you know sometimes when you shut your mouth and open your ears amazing things can happen.
                          I am at the point that if this man posted he put an 8 yo girl on a 190 5/8 four point I would believe it.

Comment

Wait.....there was home made sausage biscuits?

Keep the stories coming and the information about finding big deer is only for those wise enough to hear it!

Comment

I'm out on this whole deal. I've kept my mouth shut for a while for sake of keeping the thread going. Not for me. I can get the stories anytime I want them right along side some exotic jelly and home made sausage biscuits. There's way more stories that need to be told. So I'm staying out of it. I read stuff on here all the time that I don't believe. I don't jump on a man's thread and call him a liar. Where I'm from, you call a man a liar you'd better be ready to prove it, whoop his ***, or both. Not in www land. You get to be as big of an idiot as you want and gather 5 or 6 out of 20,000 or so that believe the way you do. Y'all realize your percentage is about equal to those skinny boys running around with a rainbow flag a lipstick a few months ago right? Come to think of it, your actions are about the same too. None of my business. I'm pro choice. See y'all later.

Sound a bit jealous. Did I miss something here??

Comment

I worked at Walmart for a time with GarGuy and saw some of the pictures of the deer that he and his family and friends had killed, he is being straight forward with you about everything he has said. Now did I see all of his pictures, No, just the ones he happened to have on the wall above his desk and there were some true East Texas monsters in them.
                                You trolls that don't want to believe him need to get a life and get off of this thread and stop trying to get the thread wacked. Mr. Steve owes you nothing he's just offered to help people find big deer, if you don't believe him quit following this thread!

Comment

Working...
                                X