Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J-Raz View Post
    Maybe I will just walk and try to push them to the kill zone. Haha. Plus I'm on the west side.
    J-Raz check your PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EdO View Post
      J-Raz check your PM.

Comment

Yup, that's one of mine.

Comment

Well, I'm gonna take some drugs, listen to some music with my live in Chinese chef/maid, then hit the skid. Don't get all cited, she just turned 70 (I'm 68). Get up in the morning and wish it was monday. I hate weekends and holidays. If it was Monday, I'd probably wasts some of my sour corn (really sour) and try for some cat fish. But it ain't monday, so guess I'll suffer while the amateurs have at it. They gotta have their fun too. Live in Chinese maid/chef at 60 (sorry don't have or want anything newer) on our way to a new years party. Heck of a cook, probably the reason I go 240.
          Attached Files

Comment

have a good weekend

Comment

Thinking about taking my little girl to do some catfishing tomorrow. Any lake on Hood stocked with some cats so I can show her a good time? How bout the kid only pond?

Comment

Most are J-Raz but on W range rd at the bridge is a pretty good place and good open area for the kids..

Comment

Thinking about taking my little girl to do some catfishing tomorrow. Any lake on Hood stocked with some cats so I can show her a good time? How bout the kid only pond?
                  What Kevin said.

If you want to take them to a pond, the Sportsman's Center has a stocking report. At least the used to so probably still do.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. Think we may sit out today and see if the winds will calm down for tomorrow.

Comment

What do y'all think about using a pop-up on hood? I got a loc-on stand, and a pop-up. figured I could get 2 set-ups.

Comment

Originally posted by HoffDawg View Post
                        What do y'all think about using a pop-up on hood? I got a loc-on stand, and a pop-up. figured I could get 2 set-ups.
                        I personally would not leave it out there unless its in bad shape. Too easy to steal or vandalize and the sun and wind will do a number on it. Plus most of them set up quick and easy so its not much hassle.

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It is brand new, just bought it when I was home on R&R in Nov. Just wonder how the deer will react to it come deer season.

Comment

Originally posted by HoffDawg View Post
                            Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It is brand new, just bought it when I was home on R&R in Nov. Just wonder how the deer will react to it come deer season.
                            If you selectively chose a location for the popup, it will have a minimal impact. I've got two setups where I clears some cedar branches on the back side of the trees and then placed the popup in between the trees. Use some 550 cord to tie back branches that may interfere with the shot. When done hunting, let the branches go back in place. Since I only shoot out one corner of the blind, I can get away with quite a bit. Just make sure to set out the blind to let it air out. I took about a week for mine to stop smelling like nylon or whatever they used. Above all, scent control going in, you have to play the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by ballisticbudda View Post
                              If you selectively chose a location for the popup, it will have a minimal impact. I've got two setups where I clears some cedar branches on the back side of the trees and then placed the popup in between the trees. Use some 550 cord to tie back branches that may interfere with the shot. When done hunting, let the branches go back in place. Since I only shoot out one corner of the blind, I can get away with quite a bit. Just make sure to set out the blind to let it air out. I took about a week for mine to stop smelling like nylon or whatever they used. Above all, scent control going in, you have to play the wind.

X2

Comment

Hey y'all! Just a wuick note from Iraq. All is well here, besides the fact that they wont let me ship my bow, and the last unit tore up the range that was here. They did not take care of it and it went to ****. Other than that I am doing well.
                                How are them hogs and thunderchickens coming along? I see ole Matt scored on a nice bird. Congrats bub! Anyone else had any luck? You know I have to live vicaiously through y'all for now until I get back...........soooooooo......lets get to killin and postin some pics......LOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X