Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good Chew!

Comment

Making the most of the holiday week! I like it!

Comment

Quick trip to check on the pool and run trail cameras. Just a few deer coming in. One pretty young 7 point, old doe, and doe with twins. Only one pic of hogs but not at a feeder.

Last edited by Chew; 07-29-2018, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Nice Bobby! Lots of animals!

Comment

Good pics! Shame the leaper doesn't have the whole head, that would have been a cool pic!

Comment

Good things ahead

Comment

So I have two creeks on my place. One biggun and one littlun. I have to cross the littlun to get my tractor to the back of the property (can't drive it over my narrow bridge over the biggun). Due to the culvert having a 45 degree bend in it...it got clogged up over the years and the water would run over and around the culvert with a heavy rain. It got so bad that there is a mini grand canyon there now. Hard to see due to the vegetation, but it's too wide to even jump over.

I've tried a temporary fix in the past but we got 5" of rain shortly after that and it really got bad.

Soooo...the neighbor and I are going in and paying somebody to fix it. Hopefully this week or next week they will show up with a new culvert (36" instead of 24") and they are going to "straighten out the creek a bit" so there won't be any bend in the culverts. One straight shot, 60' long underneath the property fence. They are bringing in 4 loads of clay and a several loads of rock to bed it with and put around it. Hopefully it will last. I've got a lot of tractor work to do in the back and haven't had it back there in almost 2.5 years. So looking forward to that.

On a side not, this is the culvert where my dog got snake bit when she ran down to get a drink in the creek. That was a few years ago. The contractor called me and said when he was taking measurements he saw two moccasins at the mouth of the culvert. Wish I could be there when they rip the old one out of the ground. Might be some good .22 targets crawling around.
                Last edited by Chew; 07-31-2018, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Should be a great project. Access to all parts of your property cannot be the understated. I saw a project from another thread where someone used a storage container as a bridge for a similar scenario. May consider that. Turned out great.

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
                    Should be a great project. Access to all parts of your property cannot be the understated. I saw a project from another thread where someone used a storage container as a bridge for a similar scenario. May consider that. Turned out great.
                    I will second this motion, a storage container at 20 ft will fill this need perfect! Go cheap and add a little to upgrade, IE floor, with the right one and you will be set

Comment

I need 60' between me and neighbors side of the fence. Would take a lot of digging and multiple containers to get them set. Pipe is already ordered.

Comment

Nice place and great pictures. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Well now, just found your thread Chew. You got a right nice place there and you doing a good job. Them grandbabies sure look like they have a good time. Only thing is that dadgum dawg Is it mad at you?

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                            Well now, just found your thread Chew. You got a right nice place there and you doing a good job. Them grandbabies sure look like they have a good time. Only thing is that dadgum dawg Is it mad at you?
                            She thinks she is my wife. Gets angry for no reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                              She thinks she is my wife. Gets angry for no reason.

Comment

looking good Bobby...take some pics of the culvert work. Nothing like Leon county sandy soil. Erosion is real here.

Comment

Working...
                                X