No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone still on this thread? Let's get it active again.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Archery is getting close. Who all is gonna hunt Hood?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jbitt4x4 View Post
        Archery is getting close. Who all is gonna hunt Hood?

I will in Decembernif someone is willimg to hook me up

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by thebomb6_99 View Post
          I will in Decembernif someone is willimg to hook me up

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
          Give me a shout when ya get in.

Comment

Debating giving Hood another shot this year. Lol haven’t killed anything in five years there.

Comment

Originally posted by Iehooligan11b View Post
              Debating giving Hood another shot this year. Lol haven’t killed anything in five years there.
              I am debating it as well. I have never hunted out there so I would be a 100% newbie. I have no where else to go this year so this is my best option. Has anyone else been out this year? I was recently told its not worth going anymore, but I feel like I should make an assessment on my own as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Iehooligan11b View Post
                Originally posted by Stickslinger92 View Post
                I am debating it as well. I have never hunted out there so I would be a 100% newbie. I have no where else to go this year so this is my best option. Has anyone else been out this year? I was recently told its not worth going anymore, but I feel like I should make an assessment on my own as well.
                Call the Ft Hood Sportsman Center at 2545324552. All firearms must be registered on post before you can bring them on post. No matter your age all hunters are required to have Hunter Ed certificate. You will have to buy your Ft Hood hunting permit. Get area access as well. Archery hunters are required to take a bow proficiency test. Basically hit a paper plate at 20 and 30 yes.

Comment

Originally posted by U.S.ArmyRetired View Post
                  Call the Ft Hood Sportsman Center at 2545324552. All firearms must be registered on post before you can bring them on post. No matter your age all hunters are required to have Hunter Ed certificate. You will have to buy your Ft Hood hunting permit. Get area access as well. Archery hunters are required to take a bow proficiency test. Basically hit a paper plate at 20 and 30 yes.
                  Thanks for the info. Ill probably try to take my bow when I go up there and get the hunting permit so I can do the proficiency test at the same time. Do you hunt out there now?

Comment

Thanks for the info. Ill probably try to take my bow when I go up there and get the hunting permit so I can do the proficiency test at the same time. Do you hunt out there now?
                    Yes. Hunting on Hood is Guided and unguided. Archery is unguided which means basically it is DIY. Scout the unguided areas, set your own set. The areas are crowded. You are competing with other hunters, cows and areas being shut down for training. That being said, there are great deer on Hood. Big uns killed every year. Also, Hood uses an online system to log in and out of the areas.

Comment

I got stopped by the Hood Game Warden last year during dove season. He looked in the bed of my truck and asked for my license and on post permit and gun registration. Didn’t even ask about birds. I asked if he was checking birds and he laughed and said nah no one has been close to being over limit. I believed it.
                      I saw 3 that day haha. He was checking for people dumping trash in the training areas I guess that it had been a bad problem recently.

Comment

The good areas are all closed, so I'm going to TA25 for the weekend. Last year I got a okay Buck there.

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

Comment

Anybody hunting Fort Hood this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by Bkvill View Post
                            Hopefully, if any areas are open and I can get signed into HuntTrac.

Comment

Plenty of areas were open and plenty of deer were taken. Were you able to hunt?

Originally posted by Bkvill View Post

Comment

Well hello brother

Originally posted by U.S.ArmyRetired View Post
                                Hopefully, if any areas are open and I can get signed into HuntTrac.

Comment

Working...
                                X