Laguna Atascosa 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
    All I just emailed Lori looking for a room. If you wanna group up, let me know and I’ll see what i can get
    Which hunt are you making? I'm on the 24-28th. Let me know what she offers you. I'm originally from down there so I have plenty of places to stay in San Benito but its my first time on this hunt so would be cool to share a place with fellow hunters. I'm seriously thinking about renting a place on the Arroyo and taking my boat down there to hit the flats a time or two. I'm checking on availability at one of our usual rentals on the water right now.

Comment

Originally posted by PBUCKSHOT View Post
      Which hunt are you making? I'm on the 24-28th. Let me know what she offers you. I'm originally from down there so I have plenty of places to stay in San Benito but its my first time on this hunt so would be cool to share a place with fellow hunters. I'm seriously thinking about renting a place on the Arroyo and taking my boat down there to hit the flats a time or two. I'm checking on availability at one of our usual rentals on the water right now.
      Dang, I’m on the first hunt, 17-21. I will pass along any info i get.

Comment

One week out! Getting pumped up! The only thing we don't have is a game cart. I heard they have some on hand. Is that true?

Comment

Originally posted by Yakinthebox View Post
          One week out! Getting pumped up! The only thing we don't have is a game cart. I heard they have some on hand. Is that true?
          Academy has game carts for $65.

Yes I beleive there is limited game carts on hand, I personally would not want to borrow a thing from them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
            Academy has game carts for $65.

Yes I beleive there is limited game carts on hand, I personally would not want to borrow a thing from them.

Do they not take kindly to the hunters? I've read a few comments since drawing that have led me to this conclusion.

Comment

Why buy a cart when u can borrow one. I wouldn't hesitate. There at the check in area. Now if you're three four miles in, then it would pay to hike or bike with your own.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Touchè. Why borrow when you can own?

You'll spend more time and energy leaving the field and your game behind in probably high degree temps for a faint attempt that the staff has one available and if its worthy. That alone would not be worth the hassle, time, & energy of saving me a few bucks. Plus, owning one you can use in the future and having the ability to use at your convenience is enough reason to make a small purchase!

Comment

Originally posted by ShawnSmithTX View Post
                  I got my bike and cart ready for the hunt. I’m looking to go 4+mi in before I start hunting so hopefully this will hold up good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man that looks good!. Similar to a setup im building. Currently. The FIL and I will be down for the 3rd hunt on the the 1st. Thats the same bike and cart im working with as well.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Yakinthebox View Post
                    Do they not take kindly to the hunters? I've read a few comments since drawing that have led me to this conclusion.
                    I called them earlier this week to ask if I could possibly apply or see if I could get some assistance because I had to have heel surgery two weeks ago to, and found out I tore my Achilles' 1.6". I asked a woman who answered the phone first about the survey and you could just hear the tone of her voice she wasn't amused, but in the small area that they did the survey they found 350 Nilgal and 450 Whitetail deer. Then she transferred me to the woman taking applications for assistance and without batting an eye she said read the regulations we stopped taking them in August. I tried to tell her that if I knew I was going to have this surgery then absolutely I would have, but this was an bone spur that tore my Achilles'. I didn't know about surgery until the Wednesday in before I got the email saying my dad, Brother, and I got drawn. It may be just the ones that work inside the office I'm hoping but on the bright side at my last doctors appointment I don't need the hard cast so healing up just fine. I haven't hunted with my dad and brother sad to say so I'm not letting any of this get to me I'm still flying home to hunt, and that was my last experience with them.

Comment

Swords? No ty.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's a link to contact the department of interior. We should be bombarding with calls and email them to open up the Laguna Atascosa and Santa Ana refuges to hunting similar to the SHNF, the DCNF and Amistad. It's nuts for those here in the rio grande valley to travel five plus hours to hunt national public land when there are tens of thousands acres available here.

Comment

Originally posted by calfroper_06 View Post
                          Man that looks good!. Similar to a setup im building. Currently. The FIL and I will be down for the 3rd hunt on the the 1st. Thats the same bike and cart im working with as well.

Nice setup! Being able to take the Game cart off and on pretty easy makes things much quicker.

Comment

I saw this the day i went scouting they were on some burn areas, can you guys help me out if this are rubs or is it my mind wanting me to think they are.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyGarcia View Post

I saw this the day i went scouting they were on some burn areas, can you guys help me out if this are rubs or is it my mind wanting me to think they are.

I'm not real sure, but I would say no. Section 1?

Comment

Just a suggestion. I’d take the fat tires off and put regular tires on. It is typically wet at LA and the tires gum up with mud. With normal tires you will have more clearance for the mud.

Comment

Working...
                                X