No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No deer was seen both morning and afternoon. Met 2 guys in the morning, one complained deer stopped to come and corn was piled up. Another one shot a spike but lost. Btw, the spike did not come to his feeder, it either passed by or went to bedding.

Comment

Still no blood on the ground in gtwn? Me n buckrunner r at it. Keep us interested!! Let's see some pics.

Comment

Either get one very soon...or maybe wait until acorns are gone... Thats my plan. Will try Mon or Tues evening..maybe both LOL.

Wish me luck. Hope everyone gets one at Georgetown this year.

Comment

Howdy everyone. I got to hunt Lake Gtown this morn. Saw a small 4 point and a young doe. Had a few other deer off in the brush. Dang its good to be hunting ! Anybody have any luck yet /

Comment

very interesting first weekend at Gtown, joggers, hikers, feral cats and one meat in the freezer spike, didn't take a pic, but he'll allow me to be eating jerky on the stand while waiting for something else

Comment

Anyone can shoot one with a crossbow... 100% just joking.

Good job...Sounds like we have Georgetowns first kill posted on TBH. But wait, no pics and I guess it did not happen LOL

I'll be happy if thats all I shoot is a spike. I just do not want to hunt hard until the last hunting day to get one.

Comment

Didnt see or hear anything sat morning or evening. Seems like all the deer went into hiding all of a sudden! My trail cam backs it up as i had 4 pics with deer in them (out of 300 with squrriels and coons) all of last week. Im sure it had everything to do with the late rush of folks last week. Anyways Ill probably hunt one or two fridays this month then concentrate on mid week hunts next month. Hopefully by then it will have cooled down and there will be less pressure out there. Good luck and keep updating.

Comment

What's the on killing spikes?

Comment

Oops ment to say rules.

Comment

I killed a small doe last night around 6:30. That's my first bow kill. She only ran 40 yds ! Ill get a pic up soon.

Comment

Oh and last night the adventure started when I went to check in the doe. Seems that the on site Ranger at Russel Park hunts during the week so we had to go all the way round to Tejas Park. The Tejas Park Park ck station only had 3 buck tag. He said only 3 doe have been checked in including mine.

Comment

thanks River, this is the first deer that I've shot since '01, the half gallon of adrenaline that poured into my system made it all worthwhile, thank God for crossbows...lol

Comment

Congrats clawdig88 and Stonecreek!!!

Hang in there Tim!!!

Comment

Headed out after work for a quick hunt yesturday evening. Only sighting was a tall spike that a walker on the trail bumped and ran across the field near me.

Question from a first timer - I went by Tejas park on the way back from the hunt and didn't see anything that resembled a check in station. The new live-on guy wasn't even there. So, is there a standard place that they set up at each of the parks???

Comment

From Terri Beth, Deer Station Check in Times:
                                Office: Mon-Fri 8a-4:30p
                                Russell Park: Sun-Wed 6a-8a
                                Tejas: Sun 7p-10p
                                Thur-Sat 7:30p-10p

Any times other than this a ranger must be called out to check in the deer. The gate attendants at Cedar Breaks, Jim Hogg, or Russell Park can call a ranger on duty. You can also call Terri Beth on her cell 512-844-1552, if she's available she'll check it in. Unfortunately, she will be moving to a new lake Nov. 7th

Comment

Working...
                                X