Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time for a new zero turn (need opinions)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for a new zero turn (need opinions)

Well after 12 years of running my John deere , the motor finally gave out. With the cost to replace the engine around 2-2500, and 0% interest on new mowers, i have decided to buy a new one. I am looking fo first hand experience you have hade with some of the majors. Here is what i am looking at in the order i like them.

1. Skag tiger cat II
    2. Skag cheetah
    3. Gravely pro turn 252
    4. Gravely pro turn 152
    5 exmark lazer e
    6. Snapper pro 125
    7. Kubota 7xx not sure the model right now.

Or any other comparable mower you have had good experience with. Not looking at JD due to their interest rates.

Thanks.

Look at a hustler. Simplier design, cheaper price. All the brands have the same drivetrain pretty much. You around temple by chance?

Comment

No sir. Probably 3.5-4 hours south.

Comment

Look at the Ferris line, we had a 54 inch and now have a 72 inch. They are really put together well and have a great ride. They also offer a upgrade to the seat that feels like the air ride seats in a tractor. I mow 18 acres around the house so I need a big heavy duty mower. Our entrance is 3 1/4 acres with around 70 trees, I can mow it at a normal pace in an hour and 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond S View Post
          Look at the Ferris line, we had a 54 inch and now have a 72 inch. They are really put together well and have a great ride. They also offer a upgrade to the seat that feels like the air ride seats in a tractor. I mow 18 acres around the house so I need a big heavy duty mower. Our entrance is 3 1/4 acres with around 70 trees, I can mow it at a normal pace in an hour and 10 minutes.
          I was going to look at those yesterday, but ran out of time. Maybe one day this week.

Comment

Scag is a great mower! Use one weekly at work and have had zero major issues. Think only problem was blade engage switch going bad and that's it.

I personally own a Kubota and really like it.

Comment

Love my Ferris! Ride is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                Scag is a great mower! Use one weekly at work and have had zero major issues. Think only problem was blade engage switch going bad and that's it.

I personally own a Kubota and really like it.
                Do you know which skag model it is? I have always onted skag ever since i bought my jd.

Comment

Originally posted by Krk77486 View Post
                  I was going to look at those yesterday, but ran out of time. Maybe one day this week.
                  It will be worth your time.

Comment

Don’t overlook the hustlers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Krk77486 View Post
                      Do you know which skag model it is? I have always onted skag ever since i bought my jd.
                      Scag Turf Tiger 54"

You got lucky with your JD. When it comes to JD equipment the bigger the better. Their smaller equipment normally doesn't hold up. Cheap and they just slap their brand on it. When it comes to heavier equipment they are good.

Scag is well known for heavy duty commercial grade lawn equipment. Can't go wrong and well worth the price. If you just plan on mowing your place and nothing major Hustler is a good go to brand. We also have an ExMark 72" and it's pretty nice. Definitely tell a difference though between it and Scag. If budget wasn't an issue I would go Scag 100%!
                      Last edited by Antlers86; 04-15-2018, 07:47 AM.

Comment

I bought a new Zero last year and all I figured out from talking to dealers and experienced users was get a Kawasaki engine. I did and I’m happy.

Comment

Scag makes some good stuff. Have a scag freedom z and it’s held strong for the last 5 years.

Comment

Ferris

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                              Scag Turf Tiger 54"

You got lucky with your JD. When it comes to JD equipment the bigger the better. Their smaller equipment normally doesn't hold up. Cheap and they just slap their brand on it. When it comes to heavier equipment they are good.

Scag is well known for heavy duty commercial grade lawn equipment. Can't go wrong and well worth the price. If you just plan on mowing your place and nothing major Hustler is a good go to brand. We also have an ExMark 72" and it's pretty nice. Definitely tell a difference though between it and Scag. If budget wasn't an issue I would go Scag 100%!
                              My jd is a commercial grade from the jd dealer. Not one of the home depot or lowes junk. It has been a great mower. I think all i have replaced until now are blades, belts and a pto clutch.

Comment

Working...
                              X