No announcement yet.

Stock ponds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kingfisher-------between cisco and cross plaines…….
    Unfortunately, I don't own the place anymore.....
    It was stocked with fish... They were more like pets than prey....lol...….

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
      In Central TX I would go deeper than 10 feet if possible. My lake is 17 feet at it's deepest but is 5 feet low right now and it could get worse into this summer. Pray for a gully washer.

If the budget allows I would build the pond in strips if possible so you can maximize the amount of shoreline. Like gravel pits.

My lake is an old gravel pit (15 acres) but it has over 3 miles of shoreline to fish because it has interconnected strips. Just fantastic for fishing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
      Do you have an overhead view? Something like Google Earth

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
        Do you have an overhead view? Something like Google Earth

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
          You win . Was that some sort of quarry before?
          No the previous owners built it just before they got divorced and my parents bought the ranch. I got handed a golden egg and working to make it special

Comment

I would love to come someday come see what you’re doing. Jealous

Comment

Originally posted by jcamp View Post
              Not working with a great budget. Have to do what i can do for about 4 or 5k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Just curious but, for that budget are you doing the work yourself?

Comment

I ask because, if you can, I have a second pond I’d like expanded for duck hunting.

Comment

Some of you guys have some gorgeous tanks. Here’s a few pics of our’s at Trinity Acres. It’s just over an acre and stocked pretty well with bass, crappie and channel cats. I’ve spent some decent coin over the last 18 months or so on dirtwork reshaping the thing. After installing several trenches and an overflow culvert outlet I think we finally have it where we want.

Comment

Originally posted by wingnut View Post
                    Atleast 10' deep and a 100'x100' will be a great pond that will last along time.
                    Maybe... Or maybe it will never fill... What's the drainage area?
                    What's the dam plan?
                    Dam material?
                    Tank bottom liner? Bringing in clay?

I can show you some AMAZING looking tanks after a 2 inch rain that are dry in 48 hours

Comment

That is very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Homer75 View Post
                        I ask because, if you can, I have a second pond I’d like expanded for duck hunting.

I am not, but i can pm you my guy

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                          Maybe... Or maybe it will never fill... What's the drainage area?

What's the dam plan?

Dam material?

Tank bottom liner? Bringing in clay?

I can show you some AMAZING looking tanks after a 2 inch rain that are dry in 48 hours

I’m not sure how to answer some of this other than the bottom liner is clay. Not sure how to answer **** plan other than i would assume it would be clay as well and would like it fairly steep

Comment

You guys school me though. Wasn’t even sure there were things to consider on a dam other than make sure it keeps the water in the pond lol

Comment

it is all about who does the work. just a guy who runs a bulldozer usually ends up with a dry pond. Find someone who is experienced in digging ponds or you may be disappointed

IF you go to www.pondboss.com there is an awesome forum there with experts everywhere - there are also guys on there who specialize in digging ponds - the site is a great resource

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
                                it is all about who does the work. just a guy who runs a bulldozer usually ends up with a dry pond. Find someone who is experienced in digging ponds or you may be disappointed

IF you go to www.pondboss.com there is an awesome forum there with experts everywhere - there are also guys on there who specialize in digging ponds - the site is a great resource

Will do! Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X