Son shot a pig and he sparked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Son shot a pig and he sparked

Son shot a pig with his bowtech this christmas break it was with a rage broad head note we have never had a problem with them trying to post picture . He got about 6 inches of penetration and the pig carried it about 20 yards before he kicked out
    Attached Files

I have no idea

Comment

maybe he'd been shot before and he hit old BH stuck in bone.

Comment

Wierd. I've definitely seen sparks when I have shot under one and hit rocks and my arrow sailed off into God knows where. Maybe it had some mud and rocks caked into the hair there??

Comment

Maybe the blade deployment when it cuts the bands. Those blades will hit something to stop them from going backwards.

Comment

I've shot a bunch of pigs, here at the house, with my bow, over the years and have seen sparks fly twice.. Both shots were with a fixed blade.. I've yet to figure it out but it seems it comes from the hairy pigs.. It may be from caked mud in the hair. It's a mystery.

Comment

No idea. I've seen it when the arrow hit rocks. Maybe it can spark from bone, but I've never witnessed it. That pic looks like the spark is on the hair though. My guess is gravel and mud stuck on the hair

Comment

I've had one spark when hitting a tree instead of the deer. I think it just depends on the friction of the arrow deploying. That's my theory anyways.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have seen some sparking from Rages on impact on the net. I can't remember the reasoning fro sure but I have seen it before.

IIRC it has something to do with the sliding of metal on metal in their deployment system

Comment

yea my guess would be metal friction when deploying, can you post video so we can see live!!!???

Comment

I shot a pig this year with a rage and it did the same thing.. I wasn't shooting a lighted nock. It was almost dark and the spark was noticable at 20 yards.. I figured it was because he was covered in dried mud. But it could have been from friction of the blades deploying..

Comment

Seent it before. No idea why.

Comment

Googled Rage broadhead spark and saw it's happened several times.

Seems the consensus is that Rage will quarter and cook your deer on impact

Comment

Doesn't that pic look like a deer body and not a hog body? Anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy D View Post
                              Doesn't that pic look like a deer body and not a hog body? Anyone else?
                              No.

Comment

Working...
                              X