No announcement yet.

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well after being on Keto for over three months I had to break the eating habits and went back to my "regular" diet. It brought back acid reflux but other than that and just feeling hungry even after just having ate I did not feel to different. This past Wednesday I went back to eating Keto and feel great again. I even did the intermittent fast on Thursday. I did a 20 hour span and did not feel hungry at all. From yesterday to today I did a 30 hour fast and had a 2 mile run this morning and a 20 mile bike ride this afternoon. No noticeable lack of energy at all on either the run or bike ride. I will be doing the fast thing at least once every two weeks....

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
      Well after being on Keto for over three months I had to break the eating habits and went back to my "regular" diet. It brought back acid reflux but other than that and just feeling hungry even after just having ate I did not feel to different. This past Wednesday I went back to eating Keto and feel great again. I even did the intermittent fast on Thursday. I did a 20 hour span and did not feel hungry at all. From yesterday to today I did a 30 hour fast and had a 2 mile run this morning and a 20 mile bike ride this afternoon. No noticeable lack of energy at all on either the run or bike ride. I will be doing the fast thing at least once every two weeks....

Isn't it funny how much you notice diet effects your over all feeling of well being.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post

Isn't it funny how much you notice diet effects your over all feeling of well being.
        I tell you what, I would have never believed I need to be under 190 lbs, mind you I started Keto at 208... How wrong I was. Energy leve at 183 is great and as mentioned above I no longer have the effects of acid reflux!! Additionally, my BP is perfect now versus being on the fringe of requiring medication. Need to check my sugar and cholesterol levels to see how that is but I have a feeling those are going to be good as well... Thank you folks for putting out the info and encouragement to help some of us get informed and motivated to start down the rode to a healthier live style

Comment

I tell you what, I would have never believed I need to be under 190 lbs, mind you I started Keto at 208... How wrong I was. Energy leve at 183 is great and as mentioned above I no longer have the effects of acid reflux!! Additionally, my BP is perfect now versus being on the fringe of requiring medication. Need to check my sugar and cholesterol levels to see how that is but I have a feeling those are going to be good as well... Thank you folks for putting out the info and encouragement to help some of us get informed and motivated to start down the rode to a healthier live style
          Glad ya are enjoying the keto ride. I feel the same way once I get closer to 260, currently 283, I feel so much better. I'm hoping to get off my bp meds but genetics are against me. Cholesterol has been solid. One thing I don't miss is the post eats crash and feeling like crap.

Comment

Taking my daughter to Fogo de Chao for a birthday lunch today. The war on carbs continues!

Comment

Congrats and keep it up. What's your goal?
              Goal is 175

Comment

I've been on Keto since July 4th. Started at 324 and I'm down to 287. I have noticed major differences, in a good way, in my blood pressure and resting heart rate. I have had 4 cheat meals and each time I noticed my blood pressure went back up and so did my resting heart rate. Each time I've got back into Ketosis within 24-36 hours and I feel "normal" again. I doubt I'll be cheating again for a while.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
                  I've been on Keto since July 4th. Started at 324 and I'm down to 287. I have noticed major differences, in a good way, in my blood pressure and resting heart rate. I have had 4 cheat meals and each time I noticed my blood pressure went back up and so did my resting heart rate. Each time I've got back into Ketosis within 24-36 hours and I feel "normal" again. I doubt I'll be cheating again for a while.

[emoji1360]. Keep it up. Awesome progress!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll double down on what TexaRican said,

Keep it up. Awesome progress!

Comment

Congrats bud!! Keep after it... My resting heart rate has dropped into the high 50s... I can take a cheat meal no problem specially if I work out really hard after it...

Comment

Love hearing all the success stories. I went back to low carb and have been happy about the ease of keeping the weight off.

Comment

Ok guys...need a drink to add in. I drink lots of water and have coffe in morning an usually a cup around 1:30.

Tea when I can but my taste buds need a change.

Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                            Ok guys...need a drink to add in. I drink lots of water and have coffe in morning an usually a cup around 1:30.

Tea when I can but my taste buds need a change.

Any ideas?

Powerade Zero, sugar free drink packets like crystal light, I use the HEB brand, Sugar free Monster.

Comment

Powerade Zero, sugar free drink packets like crystal light, I use the HEB brand, Sugar free Monster.
                              Powerade zero is the best. Everyone in my family loves it.

Comment

Can anyone provide some cost saving measures to this lifestyle? I spend way to much money at the store.

Comment

Working...
                                X